View Docker Pipeline on the plugin site for more information.
See the user guide for all details.
Open JIRA issues
Version 1.19 (August 2, 2019)
As of this release, fingerprints will no longer be automatically generated when using
image.run in a Pipeline. If you are using the CloudBees Docker Traceability Plugin, which is the only known consumer of these fingerprints, you will need to explicitly call
dockerFingerprintRun if you want to maintain the previous behavior.
Docker inspect failing on named multi-stage builds
docker 17.05 multistage Dockerfile breaks dockerFingerprintFrom
Docker build-args incorrectly rejected and successful build marked failed
dockerFingerprintRunsteps and stop calling them during
image.run. Fixes various issues with Dockerfile parsing and parsing arguments to
`dir` does not change working directory for contained steps
Attempt to support the
dirstep when running on a Docker container created by this plugin for older versions of Docker (17.12 and older)
Version 1.18 (April 2, 2019)
Docker Pipeline Plugin withRegistry and Authorize Plugin fails to get credentialsId
Allow users with Credentials/UseItem permission (implied by Job/Configure permission) on a Pipeline Job to use credentials which that job has access to in the
withDockerServersteps even when Authorize Project Plugin is installed and configured to run builds as a user other than the default Jenkins superuser.
- JENKINS-46105 - Docker 17.05 ARG in FROM breaks docker inspect Resolved Extend fix for ARGs in FROM added in version 1.15 to support ARGs with default values.
In case of execute withDockerContainer inside withDockerCotainer env variables is not masked
Mask environment variables used by steps that use the
LauncherAPI inside of a
- (PR 153) Update help related to
image.pull()to explain what problems might happen if the method is not called.
Version 1.17 (May 18, 2018)
withDockerRegistry([...]) syntax no longer accepted
withDockerRegistrystep now preferentially takes a “flat” argument list, but continues to support older syntaxes, including the one broken in 1.16.
docker login being called without server-related environment variables
May solve login issues in certain environments, especially with a custom Docker server endpoint. The non-CLI-based login behavior in 1.15.1 may be restored using the Jenkins startup flag
-Dorg.jenkinsci.plugins.docker.commons.credentials.DockerRegistryToken.USE_CUSTOM_LOGIN=truebut this suffers from a number of known limitations including lack of guaranteed support for parallel builds on one computer, failure to clean up credentials at the end of a build, incompatibility with the JSON format from some versions of the Docker client, etc.
Version 1.16 (May 11, 2018)
- JENKINS-38018 - withDockerRegistry fails to authenticate with DockerHub Resolved and allied issues: using CLI-based registry login by default
WARNING: introduced some known regressions JENKINS-51395 - withDockerRegistry([...]) syntax no longer accepted Resolved & JENKINS-51397 - docker login being called without server-related environment variables Resolved
Version 1.15.1 (Feb 13, 2018)
- JENKINS-49278 - cat command in docker agents not detected correctly Reopened command in docker agents not detected correctly
- JENKINS-42152 - Docker Pipeline causes build to fails because of use of --force=yes for tagging Open do not use (deprecated) --force when tagging images
- better error message for JENKINS-41316
Version 1.15 (Jan 30, 2018)
- JENKINS-41316 Restore entrypoint support (JENKINS-37987), check the command is well executed by entrypoint
- JENKINS-48502: Added ECS and Kubernetes support in cgroup detection
- JENKINS-49063: fix cgroup detection on Docker CE
- JENKINS-46105: fix support for ARG in FROM command
- JENKINS-33510: add support for exec workdir option
- JENKINS-47791: Making WithContainerStepTest.death not assume the existence of a pid file.
Version 1.14 (Nov 1, 2017)
- JENKINS-40484 - Stop passing
PATHfrom agent to container, fixing problems such as
withMavennot working within
Version 1.13 (Sep 11, 2017)
- JENKINS-44609 No longer fails on multi-stage Dockerfile with FROM .. AS syntax
- Added OS detection in JUnits so Windows based runs pass
- Added JenkinsFile for automated CI on the plugin
Version 1.12 (Jun 16, 2017)
- Label the Docker workspace volume mount shared for SELinux.
- Stray whitespace in
inspectformat could cause errors.
- Empty environment variables in Jenkins settings could cause errors.
JENKINS-42322 Increased timeout for client operations from 10s to 3m by default (configurable).
Version 1.11 (May 08, 2017)
- Print diagnostics explaining why
--volumes-fromis or is not being used.
JENKINS-43222 Fixes to environment used for running
dockerCLI commands when using
- JENKINS-43328 Detect container ID when running using
Version 1.10 (Feb 13, 2017)
- Fixed detection of agents running inside containers under further special conditions.
- Detect custom
- JENKINS-34276 Allow
Image.insideto run with either a local or registry-prefixed name.
- JENKINS-37719 Recover when
Version 1.9.1 (Nov 14, 2016)
- Name changed to remove word “CloudBees”.
Version 1.9 (Oct 05, 2016)
- Failure to pass
Image.insidewhen an agent was run in a container using
- JENKINS-37769 As-yet-undiagnosed issue with
stopmeant that cleanup from
Image.insidewas delayed for ten seconds.
- JENKINS-38018 When
withRegistrysucceeds, print a message saying where credentials were stored. When credentials are not found, abort rather than silently continuing.
withToolwas not honored by
Version 1.8 (Sep 07, 2016)
- JENKINS-37987 Allow
Image.insideto work with images like
mavenwhich specify an
- JENKINS-36332 Allow a
commandargument to be passed to
- Improved detection of containerized Jenkins instances from 1.5.
- Avoid blocking log output when running
dockercommands to compute fingerprints.
Version 1.7 (Jul 26, 2016)
Requires a newer Jenkins baseline and Pipeline dependencies.
- JENKINS-36214 Use a workspace-specific temporary directory to write
Docker.buildmay now take arbitrary arguments, not merely an alternate base directory.
- JENKINS-31225 More portable way of determining when commands need to be wrapped in an implicit
Version 1.6 (Jul 01, 2016)
- Fix error in 1.5 when not run on Linux.
Version 1.5 (Jun 30, 2016)
- Work correctly out of the box when Jenkins itself is running inside a Docker container. Demo also updated to exercise this mode.
- JENKINS-33510 Not solved, but at least print a warning to the build log that
Image.insidedoes not work.
- JENKINS-33063 Allow a command to be passed to
- Added a
Version 1.4 (Mar 03, 2016)
- JENKINS-27152 Mount temporary directories now used by several other plugins in addition to the workspace when using
- Handle recent deprecation of
docker tag --force.
Version 1.3 (Feb 05, 2016)
- No functional change, just following rename from Workflow to Pipeline.
Version 1.2 (Aug 04 2015)
- JENKINS-28611 Honor
DOCKER_HOSTand similar environment variables from the slave machine when running
Version 1.1 (Jul 28 2015)
- JENKINS-28612 Date parsing issue with some Docker clients.
Version 1.0 (Jun 03 2015)
- First release