This is a simple disk usage plugin that calculates disk usage while limiting the performance impact on the Jenkins master.
To avoid consuming too many I/O resources, the directory traversal process is throttled and should not be able to consume more than half available IO.
The original Disk Usage plugin offers many more features, however it consumes many more resources and in some instances can prevent the Jenkins master from operating correctly
- uses Java 7 NIO directory walker API to calculate the size of jobs and 1st level directories under
- throttle the directory scan to help prevent the load average from climbing too high
- a refresh of usage data is automatically launched when you display the screen and they are older than 15 minutes
- a refresh of usage data can be also manually requested, but only one at a time will occur
To use this plugin visit the
Manage Jenkins ->
Disk usage page.
- Postpone disk usage update after Jenkins is fully up (JENKINS-45943)
- Rewrite the low level code to use Java 7 NIO directory walker. The plugin does not rely on du command anymore and works everywhere now. (JENKINS-44445)
Not released, had permission issue during publication
du wasn't correctly launched using
- Don't let
du processes run for more than 20 seconds for a period of time. The periodic task will retry to compute directory size next time it gets scheduled. By that time, we assume that OS system cache will hold more inode entries to complete faster.
- Use the the system property
com.cloudbees.simplediskusage.QuickDiskUsagePlugin.command to override the
- Plugin is too verbose (JENKINS-30279)
- When a refresh of data is manually triggered, it is processed 2 times (JENKINS-30631)
- When a refresh of data is manually triggered, the screen displays nothing (JENKINS-30633)
- List JENKINS_HOME and its first level sub directories disk usages (JENKINS-30311)
- Computes data when Jenkins is up and stores them across restarts (JENKINS-30635)
- Improve messages about data status (JENKINS-30636)
- Allow auto-refresh on disk usage screens (JENKINS-30637)
- Increase the refresh period from 3 to 15 minutes (JENKINS-30638)
+ various UI and code improvements
- Display disk usage of `java.io.tmpdir` (JENKINS-29516)
- The plugin identifier was renamed from cloudbees-disk-usage-simple to cloudbees-disk-usage-simple-plugin. You will have to uninstall the 0.1 version and install the 0.2 from the update center.
- Improve message displayed when statistics aren't yet available