Over-the-Air Ad Hoc Deployment, or distribution is a powerful feature in XCode Development iOS Apps, but the process of generating the necessary manifest file, uploading it to an ftp server and mailing this link to the client is very redundant and error-prone. This plugin helps you to automate this process once you have successfully built the IPA file on Jenkins.
What does it do?
The working of this plugin can be summarized like this.
- Get from you some details about your apps, like path to location of ipa file, icon file location, bundle identifier and version, ftp and gmail credentials as well as reciever mail ids.
- It executes after the .ipa file get built, so this plugin works in with XCode Plugin.
- Once the XCode plugin finishes its work successfully, the plugin gets the .ipa file, and build the Manifest.plist for your app, so OTA Transmission is possible.
- Uploads the .ipa,icon file and manifest file to your ftp server, and with the help of http translation data generate the itms link for your app.
- Email the given list of people the link, so they can install the app on their device in a click.
- Optionally, you can customize the mail that is to be sent or leave it blank. If left blank, the default mail will be sent.