Configure projects to run with specified authorization.
This plugin provides following features:
- You can configure projects to have their builds run with specified authorization.
- Provides following ways to specify authorization.
- Run as the user who triggered the build.
- Does not work for scheduled, or polled builds.
- Run as anonymous.
- Run as the specified user.
- You are requested to enter the password of the specified user except following cases:
- You are an administrator.
- You are the specified user.
- The specified user is not changed from the last configuration, and "No need for re-authentication" is checked.
- This can threaten your Jenkins security. Be careful to use.
- Provides an extension point to add new ways to specify authorization.
- After installed Authorize Project plugin, you will find "Access Control for Builds" in "Manage Jenkins" > "Configure Global Security". Adding "Configure Build Authorizations in Project Configuration" enables Authorize Project plugin.
- A new property "Configure Build Authorization" will appear in project configuration pages. You can select how to authorize builds of the project.
- When selecting "Run as Specific User", you can enter User ID with whose authorization builds will run.
- If you enter a user ID except yourself and have no administrative privilege, you are required to enter the password of that user.
A new way to authorize projects can be added with extending
org.jenkinsci.plugins.authorizeproject.AuthorizeProjectStrategy, overriding the following method:
public abstract Authentication authenticate(hudson.model.AbstractProject<?, ?> project, hudson.model.Queue.Item item);
To report a bug or request an enhancement to this plugin please create a ticket in JIRA.
Version 1.0.1 (Nov 30, 2013)
- Fix a problem that a new user created if you authenticate with non-existent user (Fix JENKINS-20784)
- Works with MatrixProject (Fix JENKINS-20785)
Version 1.0.0 (Nov 24, 2013)