This plugin allows a user to choose which matrix combinations he wants to run, as opposed to the default behaviour where jenkins runs all combinations:
After clicking the build, the user gets a html table with a checkbox for each matrix combination.
After clicking the submit button, only checked combinations will run.
After installation a new type of parameter was added (Matrix Combinations Parameter).
- Configure your matrix job and add exactly one parameter with this type.
- Fill the name of the parameter.
- Define the Axes as usual
Many thanks to Nathan Grunzweig for giving me the idea and help with the implementation of this plugin.
I would also like to thank Christian Wolfgang, who developed the Matrix Reloaded Plugin which gave me the inspiration to implement it.
Version 1.3.0 (3 Mar 2018)
- Now targets Jenkins >= 1.651.3
- FIXED: Exception when building a project with matrix-combinations in Jenkins 2.102+ (JEP-200) (JENKINS-49573)
Version 1.2.0 (3 Jun 2017)
- Now targets Jenkins >= 1.532
- FIXED: HTML in description is always escaped (JENKINS-42902)
Version 1.1.1 (17 Apr 2017)
- Fixed: "By build result" cannot be added (NPE when adding "By build result") (JENKINS-42626)
- Remove the duplicated parameter name display (JENKINS-39157)
Version 1.1.0 (1 Oct 2016)
- New feature: Configurable shortcut links (JENKINS-29797, JENKINS-36894, JENKINS-36860)
- You can define shortcut links in the job configuration page:
- All: Select all combinations
- None: Delelect all combinations
- Previous: Select combinations build previously
- By build result: Select combinations with previous results
- By combination filter: Select combinations with combinations filter expression
- Support CLI (JENKINS-25624)
- You can pass a combinations filter expression as the parameter value via CLI.
- Support WebAPI (JENKINS-37815)
- You can pass a combinations filter expression as the parameter value via WebAPI.
- Refactored HTML implementations (Fixed JENKINS-30918)
Version 1.0.9 (11 Jul 2015)
- Fixed NPE for running builds (JENKINS-28824)
- Fixed exceptions in parameter pages or rebuild pages for non multi-configuration builds triggered with combinations parameters (in the case triggered with parameterized-trigger-plugin). (JENKINS-27233)
Version 1.0.8 (28 Apr 2015)
- FIXED: "Successful" and "Failed" links do not work (JENKINS-23609)
Version 1.0.7 (05 Jul 2014)
Version 1.0.6 (29 Mar 2014)
Version 1.0.5 (17 Feb 2014)
Version 1.0.4 (24 November 2013)
- No need to fill combinations filter
Version 1.0.3 (28 July 2013)
To report a bug or request an enhancement to this plugin please create a ticket in JIRA (you need to login or to sign up for an account). Also have a look on How to report an issue