The Twilio Notifier Plugin is a plugin that can send build status notifications as Text messages and phone calls using Twilio.
- Send text messages with build notifications
- Call phones and have build notifications read to the callee
- Customized messages
- Send explicit messages to those whose check-ins resulted in build breakage
Installation and configuration of the plugin
- Download and install the Twilio Notifier plugin from the Plugin Manager within Jenkins.
- Go to www.twilio.com and sign up for an account AND purchase a phone number
- Go to Jenkins->Manage Jenkins->Configure System and set the following attributes
- Account SID - the SID for your Twilio Account can be found on your Twilio account page
- Auth token - can be found on the same page
- From phone number - set the phone number you just purchased as the From phone number
Per job configuration
Go to your job configuration page.
- Select the TwilioNotifier checkbox
- In the To field, add phonenumbers that always will receive messages
- In the Message field write the message you want to send. Special variables you can use:
- %PROJECT% - references the name of the current project
- %STATUS% - the current status of the project
- %CULPRITS% - lists the display names of the users who did the check-ins associated with the current build.
- If you want to send text messages, check the Send Text (SMS) message? checkbox
- If you want to receive a call and have the message read to you, check the Call? checkbox
- If you only want to send messages on failures and recovery, check the Only send message on failure or recovery? checkbox
- If you want to send to the culprits who made the build fail through a check-in, check this box
- And you can also specify a special culprit message for the culprits, different from the other message