More compact columns for showing last success and failure.
Easier to understand, and takes less room in your view.
What is the "Latest Statuses" column?
This column takes the "Last Success" and "Last Failure" columns and combines them into one easier to understand, and real-estate friendly column. You can click on the status links to go to that build, and can hover over the link to see additional information in the tool-tip.
What are the "Job Name" columns?
- Job Name -- Adds the job description as a tooltip
- Job Name w/ Status Color -- also Colors the job name according to the last build status
Even in this small screen-shot you can see how busy the "Last Success" and "Last Failure" columns are. Quite frankly, it's hard to really get the information you need "at a glance" like you should.
The problem is compounded if you have many jobs and scroll down and lose the column headers. You can't remember which column is for which information.
This becomes even more useful when you are using some of the plugins that provide additional columns or alternate view layouts.
How do I use it?
Follow these steps
- If the only view you have is the "All" view, and you want to edit that view see Editing or Replacing the All View. If you would like to add another view instead, do that.
- Once you have a view you want to edit, see Changing the Columns of a View
- When changing columns, look for the "Compact Column" columns. There are several columns to choose from
- Compact Column: Unstable + Stable -- This column prefers to show you just the latest un/stable builds, but will also show you if the last build failed
- Compact Column: Stable + Failed -- This column prefers to show you just the latest stable/fail builds, but will also show you if the last build was unstable
- Compact Column: All Statuses -- This column always shows you the last build for each of the statuses fail/stable/unstable.
- Compact Column: Job Name -- Adds the job description as a tool tip.
- Compact Column: Job Name w/ Status Color -- Adds the job description, plus colors the job name according to the last status.
- .No planned features or bugfixes at this time - please file a JIRA ticket if you have any ideas
- BUG: Running job makes most recent status not show up in bold
- Columns not sorting by actual timestamp
- Localized the date/time string for the tool-tip
- Improved tool-tip
- Order statuses from latest to more recent
- Improved explanation in tooltip of column header
- Add Unstable
- Add Aborted when no other status available
- Created 2 more columns to choose from