A plugin that shows history of test execution results in a tabular format.
While executing our tests on Jenkins many of time test fails on particular builds. Now if you want to check that when a particular test-case, test-class or a test-package has failed you may need to go to each and every build report and check for the result.
This process is very cumbersome and may take a lot of time to get the report. The said plugin solves the said issue by showing the build result history of test-class, test-class and test-package in a tabular tree format. The plugin can be used enabling the "publish junit results" feature of Jenkins.
It allows users to filter the results based on passed, failed and skipped status.
Once installed you can just click on the "Test Results Analyzer" link on the left hand side of your job, as shown in the following image:
Following is a sample image of the report:
We all know the importance of the graphical report for our test execution as it gives us a clear picture of the execution. The said plugin also supports generation of Graphs for the test execution from 0.2.0 version onwards.
Following charts are available:
- Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Bar Charts
Following are the sample images of the generated charts:
Note: If you click on any point on the line chart it will generate a pie chart for said build/point.
- JENKINS-29111 - Show packages/classes/methods in sorted order
- JENKINS-27628 - Test results analyzer displays class as FAILED when a testcase is skipped
- JENKINS-29186 - Pie chart title showing a wrong build number when the chart generated for a build from line chart
- Changes done to UI look and feel for the table and charts. Thanks to "RICHARD Bruno" for the changes.
- Changes done to generate line, bar and pie chart for the report.
- Allow user to generate a pie chart for a particular build when user clicks on a build in line chart.
- User have the options to choose from line, bar, pie or all charts