View Shelve Project on the plugin site for more information.
Older versions of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before using an older version:
This plugin lets you shelve projects so that they can easily be resurrected. "Shelving a project" is like deleting a project into a recycle bin. When you shelve a project, it'll disappear from the list of projects and become inaccessible from Jenkins, just like how it goes when a project is deleted, with one difference — instead of getting deleted, the data is archived into a zip file and stored on the server. This allows the administrator to resurrect it later (aka unshelving), in an unlikely event that the job turned out to be necessary.
This feature is convenient when you have lots of old jobs lying around, and you are 99% sure you won't need them but you can't rule out 1% possibility that you might find them necessary later.
When you install this plugin, you get "shelve project" in each job page, as follows:
You can click this icon and shelve the project. The shelved projects can be resurrected from the Jenkins top page, with the following UI:
If security settings are enabled in Jenkins, shelving a project requires DELETE permissions and unshelving a project requires CREATE permissions.
Version 1.4 (2013-07-29)
- Wipe out workspace before shelving project.
Version 1.3 (2011-08-06)
- Sort list of shelves projects by the project name. (JENKINS-8570)
- Allow unshelving of multiple projects at the same time. (JENKINS-8571)
- Don't display full path for archive when unshelving. (JENKINS-8759)
Version 1.2 (2011-02-08)
- Update for Jenkins.
Version 1.1 (2010-11-05)
- Update code making it compatible with Hudson 1.383. Older versions of Hudson received 500 errors because the method "getEstimatedDuration" was unimplemented. (JENKINS-8016)
Version 1.0 (2010-10-18)
- Change icon to a filing cabinet icon. (JENKINS-7817)
Version 0.3 (2010-02-27)
- Reload Hudson configuration after unshelving a project. (JENKINS-5425)
- Hudson version 1.336 or newer is now required for reloading Hudson's configuration after unshelving a project.
Version 0.2 (2010-01-25)
- Fix shelved projects link for views. (JENKINS-5339)
Version 0.1 (2010-01-05)
- Initial release
- Delete shelved projects
- How to handle workspaces?
- Shelving a project running on master works - however, the project's workspace located on the master is archived
- Shelving a project running on a slave works - however, project's workspace located on the slave is not archived