Jenkins needs an umbrella foundation of some sort, at a minimum to provide a legal home for the Jenkins trademark/IP, a place to properly handle donations, etc. How much more than that is needed is an open question. This page is intended to provide a venue for discussing the pros and cons of each of the possible homes.
When adding a pro or con, or commenting on existing ones, please make sure to leave your name/username.
Foundations are in alphabetical order.
- Well know and respected (pablaasmo)
- Gives good freedom to community to decide framework/design etc.(pablaasmo)
- Release process ? (weekly release will be more complicated due to vote process) (olamy)
- back to svn (AFAIK asf use a central svn repo) (olamy)
- Gets the possibility to join with Hudson again (pablaasmo)
- Might have more restrictions on how the framework should bee. OSGI etc (pablaasmo).