This plugin integrates Atlassian JIRA to Hudson.
First, you need to go to Hudson's system config screen to tell Hudson where's your JIRA. This plugin has an optional feature to update JIRA issues with a back pointer to Hudson build pages. This allows the submitter and watchers to quickly find out which build they need to pick up to get the fix. If you also want to use this feature, you need to supply a valid user id/password.
JIRA also needs to be configured for Hudson to remotely login. Go to the general configuration screen and enable remote API calls. Again, this is only needed if you use the abovementioned optional feature, and if you forget to do so, Hudson will nicely warn you.
With that, JIRA keys in changelogs are now hyperlinked to the corresponding JIRA pages (complete with tooltips!)
To have Hudson update JIRA issues with back pointers to builds, you also need to configure jobs. I figured you might not always have write access to the JIRA (say you have a Hudson build for one of the Apache commons project that you depend on), so that's why this is optional.
And the following screen shows how JIRA issue is updated.
By taking advantages of Hudson's fingerprint feature, when your other projects that depend on this project picks up a build with a fix, those build numbers can be also recorded to JIRA. This is quite handy when a bug is fixed in one of the libraries, yet the submitter wants a fix in a different project. This happens often in my work, where a bug is reported against JAX-WS but the fix is in JAXB.
Version 1.17 (upcoming)
- Fixed an
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptionwhen JIRA issues contain '$' in the name.
Version 1.15 (2008/08/22)
- Update JIRA if the build is UNSTABLE or better. Previously only updated if the build was stable.
- Include relevant SCM comment in the JIRA comment which should make JIRA ticket history more meaningful.
Version 1.13 (2008/08/05)
- Fixed a performance issue in a large enterprise deployment of JIRA (JENKINS-1703)
- A typo in the commit message shouldn't break builds (JENKINS-1593)
- Postpone JIRA updates until a successful build is obtained (JENKINS-506)
- Added more logging and debug flag to examine issues that people are reporting (report)
- Fixed NPE when failed to talk to JIRA (JENKINS-1097)
- Fixed NPE when username/password is not set (JENKINS-828)
- Relaxed the JIRA project key regexp a little bit to allow numbers (JENKINS-729)
- Issue hyperlinking is now smart enough not to be confused by strings that look like JIRA issue that actually aren't.
- Fixed a bug that prevented tooltips for JIRA issues from being displayed JENKINS-694