View Docker Pipeline on the plugin site for more information.
See the user guide for all details.
Open JIRA issues
Version 1.19 (August 2, 2019)
JENKINS-44609Getting issue details...
JENKINS-44789Getting issue details...
JENKINS-57369Getting issue details...
dockerFingerprintRunsteps and stop calling them during
image.run. Fixes various issues with parsing Dockerfiles and arguments to
JENKINS-46636Getting issue details...
Attempt to support the
dirstep when running on a Docker container created by this plugin for older versions of Docker (17.12 and older)
Version 1.18 (April 2, 2019)
JENKINS-48437Getting issue details...
Allow users with Credentials/UseItem permission (implied by Job/Configure permission) on a Pipeline Job to use credentials which that job has access to in the
withDockerServersteps even when Authorize Project Plugin is installed and configured to run builds as a user other than the default Jenkins superuser.
- - JENKINS-46105Getting issue details... STATUS Extend fix for ARGs in FROM added in version 1.15 to support ARGs with default values.
JENKINS-56674Getting issue details...
Mask environment variables used by steps that use the
LauncherAPI inside of a
- (PR 153) Update help related to
image.pull()to explain what problems might happen if the method is not called.
Version 1.17 (May 18, 2018)
JENKINS-51395Getting issue details...
withDockerRegistrystep now preferentially takes a “flat” argument list, but continues to support older syntaxes, including the one broken in 1.16.
JENKINS-51397Getting issue details...
May solve login issues in certain environments, especially with a custom Docker server endpoint. The non-CLI-based login behavior in 1.15.1 may be restored using the Jenkins startup flag
-Dorg.jenkinsci.plugins.docker.commons.credentials.DockerRegistryToken.USE_CUSTOM_LOGIN=truebut this suffers from a number of known limitations including lack of guaranteed support for parallel builds on one computer, failure to clean up credentials at the end of a build, incompatibility with the JSON format from some versions of the Docker client, etc.
Version 1.16 (May 11, 2018)
- - JENKINS-38018Getting issue details... STATUS and allied issues: using CLI-based registry login by default
Version 1.15.1 (Feb 13, 2018)
- - JENKINS-49278Getting issue details... STATUS command in docker agents not detected correctly
- - JENKINS-42152Getting issue details... STATUS do not use (deprecated) --force when tagging images
- better error message for JENKINS-41316
Version 1.15 (Jan 30, 2018)
- JENKINS-41316 Restore entrypoint support (JENKINS-37987), check the command is well executed by entrypoint
- JENKINS-48502: Added ECS and Kubernetes support in cgroup detection
- JENKINS-49063: fix cgroup detection on Docker CE
- JENKINS-46105: fix support for ARG in FROM command
- JENKINS-33510: add support for exec workdir option
- JENKINS-47791: Making WithContainerStepTest.death not assume the existence of a pid file.
Version 1.14 (Nov 1, 2017)
- JENKINS-40484 - Stop passing
PATHfrom agent to container, fixing problems such as
withMavennot working within
Version 1.13 (Sep 11, 2017)
- JENKINS-44609 No longer fails on multi-stage Dockerfile with FROM .. AS syntax
- Added OS detection in JUnits so Windows based runs pass
- Added JenkinsFile for automated CI on the plugin
Version 1.12 (Jun 16, 2017)
- Label the Docker workspace volume mount shared for SELinux.
- Stray whitespace in
inspectformat could cause errors.
- Empty environment variables in Jenkins settings could cause errors.
JENKINS-42322 Increased timeout for client operations from 10s to 3m by default (configurable).
Version 1.11 (May 08, 2017)
- Print diagnostics explaining why
--volumes-fromis or is not being used.
JENKINS-43222 Fixes to environment used for running
dockerCLI commands when using
- JENKINS-43328 Detect container ID when running using
Version 1.10 (Feb 13, 2017)
- Fixed detection of agents running inside containers under further special conditions.
- Detect custom
- JENKINS-34276 Allow
Image.insideto run with either a local or registry-prefixed name.
- JENKINS-37719 Recover when
Version 1.9.1 (Nov 14, 2016)
- Name changed to remove word “CloudBees”.
Version 1.9 (Oct 05, 2016)
- Failure to pass
Image.insidewhen an agent was run in a container using
- JENKINS-37769 As-yet-undiagnosed issue with
stopmeant that cleanup from
Image.insidewas delayed for ten seconds.
- JENKINS-38018 When
withRegistrysucceeds, print a message saying where credentials were stored. When credentials are not found, abort rather than silently continuing.
withToolwas not honored by
Version 1.8 (Sep 07, 2016)
- JENKINS-37987 Allow
Image.insideto work with images like
mavenwhich specify an
- JENKINS-36332 Allow a
commandargument to be passed to
- Improved detection of containerized Jenkins instances from 1.5.
- Avoid blocking log output when running
dockercommands to compute fingerprints.
Version 1.7 (Jul 26, 2016)
Requires a newer Jenkins baseline and Pipeline dependencies.
- JENKINS-36214 Use a workspace-specific temporary directory to write
Docker.buildmay now take arbitrary arguments, not merely an alternate base directory.
- JENKINS-31225 More portable way of determining when commands need to be wrapped in an implicit
Version 1.6 (Jul 01, 2016)
- Fix error in 1.5 when not run on Linux.
Version 1.5 (Jun 30, 2016)
- Work correctly out of the box when Jenkins itself is running inside a Docker container. Demo also updated to exercise this mode.
- JENKINS-33510 Not solved, but at least print a warning to the build log that
Image.insidedoes not work.
- JENKINS-33063 Allow a command to be passed to
- Added a
Version 1.4 (Mar 03, 2016)
- JENKINS-27152 Mount temporary directories now used by several other plugins in addition to the workspace when using
- Handle recent deprecation of
docker tag --force.
Version 1.3 (Feb 05, 2016)
- No functional change, just following rename from Workflow to Pipeline.
Version 1.2 (Aug 04 2015)
- JENKINS-28611 Honor
DOCKER_HOSTand similar environment variables from the slave machine when running
Version 1.1 (Jul 28 2015)
- JENKINS-28612 Date parsing issue with some Docker clients.
Version 1.0 (Jun 03 2015)
- First release