Plugin Information View Mailer on the plugin site for more information. Older versions of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before using an older version:
View Mailer on the plugin site for more information.
Older versions of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before using an older version:
In order to be able to send E-Mail notifications mail server configuration must be introduced in the Manage Jenkins page, Configure System > E-mail Notification section. Available options are:
- SMTP server: Name of the mail server. If empty the system will try to use the default server (which is normally the one running on
localhost). Jenkins uses JavaMail for sending out e-mails, and JavaMail allows additional settings to be given as system properties to the container. See this document for possible values and effects.
- Default user e-mail suffix: If your users' e-mail addresses can be computed automatically by simply adding a suffix, then specify that suffix if this field. Otherwise leave it empty. Note that users can always override the e-mail address selectively. For example, if this field is set to
@acme.org, then user foo will by default get the e-mail address
There are some advanced options as well:
- Use SMTP Authentication: check this option to use SMTP authentication when sending out e-mails. If your environment requires the use of SMTP authentication, specify the user name and the password in the fields shown when this option is checked.
- Use SSL: Whether or not to use SSL for connecting to the SMTP server. Defaults to port 465. Other advanced configurations can be done by setting system properties. See this document for possible values and effects.
- SMTP Port: Port number for the mail server. Leave it empty to use the default port for the protocol (465 if using SSL, 25 if not).
- Reply-To Address: Address to include in the
Reply-Toheader. Up to version 1.16, only one address is allowed, starting in version 1.17 more than one can be used.
- Charset: character set to use to construct the message.
In order to test the configuration, you can check the Test configuration by sending test e-mail checkbox, provide a destination address at the Test e-mail recipient field and clicking the Test configuration button.
E-Mail notifications are configured in jobs by adding an E-mail notification Post-build Action. If configured, Jenkins will send out an e-mail to the specified recipients when a certain important event occurs:
- Every failed build triggers a new e-mail.
- A successful build after a failed (or unstable) build triggers a new e-mail, indicating that a crisis is over.
- An unstable build after a successful build triggers a new e-mail, indicating that there's a regression.
- Unless configured, every unstable build triggers a new e-mail, indicating that regression is still there.
The Recipients field must contain a whitespace or comma-separated list of recipient addresses. May reference build parameters like
Additional options include:
- Send e-mail for every unstable build: if checked, notifications will be sent for every unstable build and not only int first build after a successful one.
- Send separate e-mails to individuals who broke the build: if checked, the notification e-mail will be sent to individuals who have committed changes for the broken build (by assuming that those changes broke the build).
If e-mail addresses are also specified in the recipient list, then both the individuals as well as the specified addresses get the notification e-mail. If the recipient list is empty, then only the individuals will receive e-mails.
Version 1.22 (Oct 19, 2018)
- JENKINS-53467 - Make the plugin compatible with Jenkins Configuration-as-Code plugin
- PR #43 - Chinese localization was moved to Chinese Localization Plugin
Version 1.21 (Mar 26, 2018)
- Fix security issue that allowed unauthorized users to send test emails.
Version 1.20 (Mar 20, 2017)
- SECURITY-372 (advisory) Emails were sent to addresses not associated with actual users of Jenkins.
If the security fix is undesirable in a particular instance, it can be disabled with either or both of the following two system properties:
-Dhudson.tasks.MailSender.SEND_TO_UNKNOWN_USERS=true: send mail to build culprits even if they do not seem to be associated with a valid Jenkins login.
-Dhudson.tasks.MailSender.SEND_TO_USERS_WITHOUT_READ=true: send mail to build culprits associated with a valid Jenkins login even if they would not otherwise have read access to the job.
Version 1.19 (Jan 31 2017)
- JENKINS-40224 Corrects formatting of MIME messages broken in 1.18.
- JENKINS-39999 Added description to plugin.
Version 1.18 (Sep 4 2016)
- Use the new
display-url-apifor user facing page links
- Move i18n messages to own package namespace.
Version 1.17 (Apr 20 2016)
- JENKINS-33266 Upgrade to parent POM 2.x.
- JENKINS-33291 Include additional tests.
- JENKINS-32301 Support more than one Reply-To address.
- JENKINS-34324 Fix PCT issues against 2.0-rc-1.
Version 1.16 (Oct 29 2015)
- Fixed some findbugs warnings
- Fix an encoding issue for the french locale
- Made the plugin buildable with jdk 8
Version 1.15 (Feb 4 2015)
- issue #26758 Charset is ignored (and incorrect) in MimeMessageBuilder
Version 1.14 (Feb 2 2015)
- issue #26606 Recipient list tokenizer not including comma delim
Version 1.13 (Jan 23 2015)
- issue #23074 Add convenience function for creating a standard MimeMessage
Version 1.12 (Nov 06 2014)
- Better format for the
Version 1.12-beta-1 (Aug 25 2014)
- JENKINS-23713 Taking advantage of APIs in 1.577+.
Version 1.11 (Aug 18 2014)
- JENKINS-24214 Fix in 1.10 broke test emails.
Version 1.10 (Aug 06 2014)
- SECURITY-152: plaintext password vulnerability.
Version 1.9 (Jul 08 2014)
- New extension point in mailer-plugin to exclude email recipients
- Mail resolvers return emails from user configurations if defined (JENKINS-19433)
- Suppress errors in MailResolvers to prevent their impact on external callers (JENKINS-23256)
- Prevent NullPointerException during the creation of failure e-mails (JENKINS-22695)
Version 1.8 (Dec 17 2013)
- Moved help files from Jenkins core (forgotten after split of plugin).
Version 1.7 (Dec 16 2013)
- NullPointerException from MailSender.createEmptyMail (JENKINS-20954)