This plugin reads the "crappy methods" report from Crap4J. Hudson will generate the trend report of crap percentage and provide detailed information about changes. Users will be able to track which methods are crappy and when they entered and left the code base.
This plugin has no released versisons yet. It is still in a late alpha phase with first versions planned at the end of March 2008.
Configuring the Crap4J Plugin
- Get the crap4j plugin source code
- Build a binary version with maven (mvn package)
- Install the crap4j plugin in your hudson
- Configure your project's build script to generate crap4j XML reports (This happens along with the HTML report)
- Enable the "Publish Crap" publisher on the job configuration page
- Specify the directory where the crap4j report (report.xml) is generated
- Perform some builds to receive a trend
The first two steps are necessary as there are no released versions yet.