View URL SCM on the plugin site for more information.
This plugin allows the use of URLs as an SCM.
This is an SCM plugin for Jenkins. While URLs are not actually a proper SCM, the two main behaviors of an SCM are supported - checkout and polling. Polling is accomplished by checking the last-modified property of the URL. Checkout is accomplished by copying the content of the URL into the workspace as a file. The file is given the same name as the final filename component of the URL. URLs without a filename component cannot be used at this time.
This does duplicate some of what the URLChange Trigger plugin does.
Benefits this plugin over the URLChange Trigger are:
1. You can choose your own polling schedule via the SCM Polling trigger.
2. Less resource intensive polling mechanism, since checking last-modified requires few bytes to transfer, regardless of the amount of data in the URL.
Benefits of URLChange Trigger over this plugin:
1. Jenkins only supports one SCM plugin per project. If you want to trigger an SCM checkout via a URL, then URLChange Trigger is a better choice.
2. The last-modified property of a URL is not the right trigger for your builds, instead you need the content of the URL to change to trigger a build.
Version 1.6 (Nov 2, 2011)
Version 1.5 (Jan 27, 2010)
- Update code for more recent Hudson