View Pipeline: Declarative on the plugin site for more information.
Older versions of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before using an older version:
Declarative Jenkins Pipelines
SYNTAX COMPATIBILITY CHANGES IN VERSIONS 0.5, 0.6, 0.7 and 0.8
See the GitHub Wiki for more information.
This plugin requires Jenkins 2.7.1 or later
More Information at the GitHub Wiki
More information is available at the GitHub Wiki.
Version 1.1 (unreleased)
- JENKINS-42230 - Move all extension points provided by Declarative into a single new plugin for simpler dependencies.
- JENKINS-42168 - Added
validateDeclarativePipelinestep for validating Declarative Pipelines from within Pipelines. Meta!
- JENKINS-41503 - Fix behavior of
nulltranslation between JSON and Groovy representations.
- JENKINS-42286 - Allow directory separators in
Version 1.0.2 (Feb 21, 2017)
- JENKINS-42027 - Global configuration for Declarative-specific Docker settings (label, registry) were not persisting across restarts.
- JENKINS-41668 - Add a "dir" option for Dockerfile Declarative agent.
- JENKINS-41900 - Move "should I do checkout?" logic around for simpler code in extensions of Declarative agents.
- JENKINS-41605 - Auto-checkout from SCM in per-stage agents if they're not reusing the same node block as the top-level agent.
- JENKINS-41950 - Properly report errors outside stages.
- JENKINS-41645 - Better validation for non-binary expressions in
- JENKINS-42039 - Add a Declarative option for "treat unstable as failure".
- JENKINS-42226 - Prevent
NullPointerExceptionwhen a null value is used for
Version 1.0.1 (Feb 10, 2017)
- JENKINS-41911 - Shade JSON schema-related dependencies to avoid issues with conflicting library versions when certain other plugins (such as
jackson2-api) are installed.
Version 1.0 (Feb 1, 2017)
- First non-beta release. No changes from 0.9.
Version 0.9.1 (still Beta 3) (Jan 27, 2017)
- JENKINS-41490, JENKINS-41491 - Fixing JSON support for nested tree steps and validation of certain tree steps.
- JENKINS-41518 - Add validation of environment variable names to be valid Java identifiers - only relevant for JSON->Jenkinsfile conversion since this would already have shown up as a compilation error in a Jenkinsfile.
- Catching a few validation fixes and string changes.
Version 0.9 (Beta 3) (Jan 25, 2017)
- FINAL BETA - if a blocker bug is discovered before 1.0 is released, additional point releases may be done before 1.0.
- JENKINS-40984 - Always evaluate all possible
postconditions even if an earlier one fails.
- JENKINS-39684 - Allow configuration of registry URL and credentials for
- JENKINS-40866 - Allow per-
dockerfileto run on the same
nodeas the top-level, so that you can reuse the workspace.
- JENKINS-41050 - Perform SCM checkout on raw node first even if we're using
- JENKINS-41243 - Speeding up tagging of synthetic stages for improved UX in Blue Ocean.
Version 0.8.2 (still Beta 2) (Jan 12, 2017)
- JENKINS-41012 -
environmentconditions did not actually work. Fixed.
- Fixing an issue with validation/parsing outside the context of a run.
Version 0.8.1 (still Beta 2) (Jan 10, 2017)
- Fixing compatibility warning to say compatible since 0.8.
Version 0.8 (Beta 2) (Jan 10, 2017)
- JENKINS-40418 - Fix previously-not-running validation for triggers, parameters and properties.
- JENKINS-40337 - Rename
optionsand add the first Declarative-specific
- JENKINS-40462 - Get rid of
wrapperssection, move wrappers like
- JENKINS-40580 - Quote parallel branch names to make sure they're valid.
- JENKINS-40642 - Add additional default imports so that things like
- JENKINS-40239 - Add descriptions for build conditions.
- JENKINS-40393 - Internationalize error messages!
- JENKINS-40524 - Reworked
agentsyntax to be more extensible and consistent.
- JENKINS-40370 - Improved
whensyntax and helpers.
Version 0.7.1 (still Beta 1) (Dec 13, 2016)
- Re-spinning release due to a mixup that resulted in one of the sub-plugins not ending up in the Update Center.
Version 0.7 (Beta 1) (Dec 13, 2016)
- JENKINS-39134 - Fix issue with Guice and resuming a build within a
- JENKINS-38153 - Use the new
TagsActionclass to mark skipped stages so that Blue Ocean can render them accurately.
- JENKINS-39923 - Add new
jenkins-clicommand for linting a Declarative Jenkinsfile.
- JENKINS-40136 - Properly allow use of
- JENKINS-40226 - Make sure non-
stagefailures still trigger
Version 0.6 (Nov 17, 2016)
- JENKINS-39216 - Add
dockerfileagent backend, auto-building a Dockerfile and running the build in the resulting image.
- JENKINS-39631 - Fix error status for steps within stages.
- JENKINS-37781 - Add conditional execution of individual stages via the
- JENKINS-39394 - Removing
postfor consistency with post-stage actions.
- JENKINS-39799 - Fix a bug with invalid
Version 0.5 (Nov 2, 2016)
- JENKINS-37823 -
wrapperssection for wrapping the entire build in a block-scoped step, like
- JENKINS-38433 -
agentbackends are now pluggable.
- JENKINS-39245 - Added
environmentsection support in stages.
- JENKINS-39244 - Added
toolssection support in stages.
- JENKINS-38993 - Deterministic order for post-build/stage condition execution.
- JENKINS-39011 - Properly error out if the
pipelinestep is present but not at the top-level.
- JENKINS-39109 - Add a configuration option for what label to use for docker agents.
- JENKINS-38865 - Split the AST into a separate plugin so others can depend on it without pulling everything in.
- JENKINS-38331 - Per-stage configuration for agent.
- JENKINS-37792 - Post-stage actions added.
Version 0.4 (Oct 11, 2016)
- 0.3 was inadvertently built with Java 8 - so a new release is needed.
- JENKINS-37824 - Support for job properties, triggers and build parameters.
Version 0.3 (Oct 10, 2016)
- JENKINS-38818 - Correctly escape string constants when generating groovy from AST
- JENKINS-38564 - API to convert json step blob to step syntax (and back) - one step at a time
- JENKINS-37788 - Use
- JENKINS-38426 - Allow non-literal expressions for environment variable values.
- JENKINS-38242 - Allow specifying arguments for Docker.
- JENKINS-38152 - Expose the execution model on the
- JENKINS-37932 - Add
agent anyto replace
- JENKINS-38097 - Execute empty named stages for any planned stages after a stage fails so that execution model and actual execution match up.
Version 0.2 (Sept 8, 2016)
- JENKINS-37897 - switch to block-scoped stages and add synthetic stages for notifications and postBuild.
- JENKINS-37828 - Properly reject mixes of
paralleland other steps.
- JENKINS-37928 - Properly detect sections without values.
- JENKINS-38047 - Allow multiple unnamed parameters in declarative subset.
Version 0.1 (Aug 30, 2016)
- Initial beta release. Functional but limited.