View Anchore Container Image Scanner on the plugin site for more information.
Allows users to add a build step to run the Anchore container image scanner.
Anchore Jenkins Plugin
Anchore is a container inspection and analytics platform to enable operators to deploy containers with confidence. The Anchore toolset in this repository provides the ability to inspect, reason about, and evaluate policy against containers images.
The Anchore Jenkins Plugin enables jenkins users the ability to add a build step to a jenkins job that executes anchore analysis, gate policy evaluation, image scanning, and customizable anchore container image queries.
1) Jenkins installed and configured either as a single system, or with multiple configured jenkins worker nodes
2) Each host on which jenkins jobs will run must have docker installed and the jenkins user (or whichever user you have configured jenkins to run jobs as) must be allowed to interact with docker (either directly or via sudo)
3) Each host on which jenkins jobs will run must have the latest anchore container image installed in the local docker host. To install, run 'docker pull anchore/cli:latestjenkins' on each jenkins host to make the image available to the plugin. The plugin will start an instance of the anchore/cli:latestjenkins docker container named 'jenkins_anchore' by default, on each host that runs a jenkins job that includes an Anchore Container Image Scanner build step.
Installation and Configuration:
1) Install the anchore-container-scanner jenkins plugin
2) Under 'Manage Jenkins' -> 'Configure System', locate the 'Anchore' section and be sure to select 'Enable Anchore Scanning' radio box, and save
3) Create a new jenkins job (or configure an exiting job) and you can now add an 'Anchore Container Image Scanner' build step