View IBM Security AppScan Standard Scanner on the plugin site for more information.
The purpose of this plugin is to allow Jenkins to perform dynamic analysis with IBM AppScan Standard with minimal configuration.
AppScan Standard is a security tool provided by IBM that will scan application for vulnerabilities in run-time.
IBM Security AppScan Standard supports:
- Broad coverage to scan and test for a wide range of application security vulnerabilities.
- Accurate scanning and advanced testing that delivers high levels of accuracy.
- Quick remediation with prioritized results and fix recommendations.
- Enhanced insight and compliance that helps manage compliance and provides awareness of key issues.
Configuring AppScan Standard to perform automated scanning with custom batch jobs or shell scripts can be a time-consuming and error-prone process.
This Jenkins plugin greatly simplifies the process of automating AppScan Standard by providing global settings and simple scan configuration within Jenkins.
For more information on IBM AppScan Standard, please visit the official IBM site at http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/appscan-standard
This plugin requires the following:
- AppScan Standard installed with a valid license on a node (slave) or master.
To download and install AppScan Standard plugin go to Manage Jenkins and then to Manage Plugins
- Select the Available Plugins tab
- Search for AppScan Standard
- Select and install.
- From the Jenkins homepage, click Manage Jenkins and then Global Tool Configuration
- Scroll down the page and locate the section titled AppScan Standard
- Click Add AppScan Standard
- Fill out the AppScan Standard form
- Name: A name for this instance of AppScan Standard. This is just to help manage environments that may have multiple installation
- AppScan Standard Installation Directory: The path to the installation directory. Note: the default value is C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\AppScanStandard\
- Click Save
Using the plugin
- Create a new job or access an existing job
- Select Configure
- Select "Add build step" and select "Run AppScan Standard"
- Complete the fields that appear:
- Installation will show the name you provided for the installation on the global configuration screen.
- If you have not added an installation, please go the the Jenkins Global Tool Configuration link under Manage Jenkins.
- If you only have one installation configured, the installation should be selected for you. If you plan to execute AppScan Standard on multiple Jenkins nodes, you may need to configure multiple installation paths.
- Starting URL is the URL AppScan Standard will use to run the spiders on to find compile a list of URIs to scan.
- Authenticated Scan will scan the website logged in as the provided account, this will provide better scanning results.
- Recorded Login Sequence uses a recorded login sequence (you must generate it using AppScan Standard previously) to login.
- Form Based Authentication tries to login automatically using the credentials provided, this method may fail depending on your website's authentication configuration.
- Generate Report will generate and save a report with the vulnerabilities found by AppScan Standard.
- Report title the generated report will be saved using this title for the name.
- HTML Report saves the report in HTML format.
- PDF saves the report in PDF format.
- You can save both formats in one run.
- Advanced configurations that can be applied to the scan
- Include URLs for Scanning allows you to manually include URLs for scanning in case the spiders miss them
- Test Policy File Path will use the specified test policy instead of the default options
- Additional Commands can be used to execute additional options available in the command line interface that are not available in plugin's graphical user interface.
- If you need help filling in any field, check the help description by pressing the ? icon
- Click Save at the bottom
- Run the job.
This version of the plugin was tested with Jenkins 2.0, 2.7 and 2.17 and IBM Security AppScan Standard 9.0.3.