It transparently invokes the a³ (AbsInt Advanced Analyzer) tool during your build.
It can fail the build if expectations in the analysis results are violated.
It can fail the build if warnings resp. errors are detected during analysis (optionally).
It prints a compact result table and lists failed analysis items.
It can generate an a³ analysis workspace to investigate the analysis results later interactively.
It can copy the complete analysis reports and results into Jenkins workspace.
It collects the specified analysis HTML-Report files into Jenkins workspace and directly links them from console output.
How does it work? A Video Tutorial
- Install the plugin using the Plugin Manager, and restart Jenkins.
- Go to the global configuration page (Manage Jenkins > Configure System).
- Find the a³ Configuration Section and specify
- the location for the AbsInt Launcher (alauncher) program OR
- a path where the a³ installer packages are stored.
The plugin will identify the corresponding installer for your target CPU with the highest build number, copy & unpack that into the Jenkins workspace so that you do not have to install an a³ copy on every jenkins node.
- Optionally: Provide the server address/name for the AbsInt License Manager (ALM) with it's port. This complements the non-installation variant (see 2. above) for a³ in a perfect way.