This plugin integrates Atlassian JIRA to Jenkins.
|Table of Contents|
Using JIRA REST API
First, you need to go to Jenkins' system config screen to tell Jenkins where's your JIRA.
This plugin has an optional feature to update JIRA issues with a back pointer to Jenkins build pages. This allows the submitter and watchers to quickly find out which build they need to pick up to get the fix.
If you also want to use this feature, you need to supply a valid user id/password. If you need the comment only to be visible to a certain JIRA group, e.g. Software Development, enter the groupname.
Starting from this plugin version 2.0, it is using JIRA REST API to communicate instead of JIRA RPC SOAP which has been deprecated and removed since JIRA v.7.0.
Using JIRA RPC SOAP
NOTE: This applies to plugin version < 2.0 and JIRA version < 7.0.connection type is only supported in plugin v. 1.41 and lower.
JIRA also needs to be configured for Jenkins to remotely login.
Referencing JIRA Release version
To reference Jira JIRA Release versions in your build, you can pull these releases directly from JIRA by adding the JIRA Release Version Parameter.
This can be useful for generating release notes, trigerring parameterized build, etc.
Generating Release Notes
You can also generate release notes to be used during your build. These notes can be retrieved from an environment variable. See the Maven Project Plugin for the environment variables found within the POM.
The plugin can also move certain issues matching a JQL query to a new release version.
Sample usage of generated Release Notes:
Use to disable resolving user email from JIRA usernames. Currently there is no option for this in UI.
- Check also the Marvelution Jira Hudson Integration which provides a two-way solution Hudson->JIRA and JIRA->Hudson
- Hudson integration for JIRA adds Hudson information to JIRA.
- The Subversion JIRA plugin also allows recording of scm changes to JIRA issues (for other SCMs there are similar plugins)
Version 2.1 (?)
- Bumped Jenkins Core to LTS v. 1.609.2
- Removed maven plugin dependency
- Added mailer plugin dependency
Version 2.0.2 (2015-09-15)
Version 2.0.1 (2015-09-10)
Version 2.0 (2015-09-02)
Incompatbile change: switch from JIRA RPC SOAP to JIRA REST API communication - the former has been deprecated and dropped since JIRA v.7.0.
Version 1.41 (2015-06-10)
Version 1.39 (Oct 6, 2013)
- Ability only to comment issue without processing of workflow (pull #38)
Version 1.38 (Aug 23, 2013)
- Post build step to create new JIRA version (pull #30)
Version 1.37 (Jun 21, 2013)
- Error with empty alternative url issue #18229
Version 1.35 (Jul 29, 2012)
- Prevents multiple comments on one issue for matrix builds. (PR #13)