This project is in rapid development and new features are getting added every day. Watch the progress here.
Java API wrappers
The jenkins-rest library is an object oriented java project that provides access to the Jenkins REST API programmatically to some remote API Jenkins provides. It is build using the amazing jclouds toolkit and can easily be extended to support more REST endpoints. Its feature set evolves and users are invited to contribute new endpoints via pull-requests. In its current state it is possible with this library to submit a job, track its progress through the queue, and during its execution until its completion, and obtain the build status. Services currently offered include:
- Endpoint definition (property or environment variable)
- Authentication (basic and API token via property or environment variable)
- Crumbs Issuer support (auto-detect crumbs)
- Folder support
- Jobs API (build, buildInfo, buildWithParameters, config, create, delete, description, disable, enable, jobInfo, lastBuildNumber, lastBuidTimestamp and progressiveText)
- Plugin manager API (installNecessaryPlugins, list current plugins)
- Queue API (cancel, list queue items, query queue item)
- Statistics API (overall load)
- Systems API (systemInfo)
The project can evolve rapidly, this list is accurate only as of the date of writing.
Detecting Jenkins version