- Expand the board from 3 people to 5 people; ~kohsuke holding a permanent board seat until such a time he decides to resign.
- Have election every year, electing 2 people in each year (that means the term is 2 years, without term limit: you can be candidate and be re-elected indefinitely)
- There'll be a period of 3 weeks designated for the board to encourage the community to send in the nominations. The board will meet in private to come up with the list of candidates at the end
- Any company should not dominate in the board (see below)
- The number of board members affiliated with one company must be less than 50%
- If a board member gets employed by a company and the limitation gets violated, a new election is being scheduledsomebody must step down and the board will follow the #Interim Procedures
- Use Single Transferrable Vote as the algorithm to elect multiple people in one vote.
- You earn the voting right by having an account on jenkins-ci.org prior to the last election. (to avoid last minute rush since we have few other criteria for voters.) For the first election, we will create the election cut-off based on the date when this proposal is ratified.
- If a board member resigns, the board is allowed to appoint an interim board member to fulfill the remainder of the term, subject to blessing in a regualrly regularly governance meeting.