The Testopia plug-in integrates Jenkins with Testopia. Testopia plug-in uses testopia-java-apidriver to access Testopia XML-RPC API. With the information that you provide in the build step configuration the plug-in retrieves automated tests from Testopia. With the plug-in, you are able to execute build steps that call testing tools. It reads TestNG, JUnit and TAP test report formats, used to update Testopia test cases' executions.
Testopia configuration section
Test Execution section
Result Seeking Strategy section
You can use environment variables.
How does the plug-in execute my automated tests?
List of environment variables available during Testopia Plug-in execution:
Test run info
Test case info
How does the plug-in know if a test passed or failed?
You can choose among different result seeking strategies in your job configuration. The plug-in will support three result formats, TestNG, JUnit and TAP.
TAP result seeking strategies
TAP file name: The plug-in matches the TAP file name (e.g.: testFtpProtocol.tap) and the key custom field value.
Other result seeking strategies
TestNG and JUNit strategies will be implemented in a future release.
Does the plugin record the
test results in Testopia?
Yes, the plugin will update the testcase in Testopia and set the status according to the result of the testcase.
We don't maintain the plug-in for Hudson. Issues happening in Hudson may not be fixed here.
Testopia Plug-in used TestLink Plug-in as basis. Below you will find resources for Testopia and TestLink plug-ins, as the concept in both plug-ins is very similar.
- Article published in Testing Experience magazine issue number 12 (Open Source Tools) written by Bruno P. Kinoshita and Anderson dos Santos. 2010.
- Slides used in the lighting talk presented at Encontro Ágil 2010 in IME-USP (Portuguese Only). 2010.
- Article published in Automated Software Testing Magazine, volume 3, issue 1. March, 2011.
- Slides used in the presentation done in Belgium Testing Days 2011.
- Lighting talk for Encontro Ágil 2010, at IME-USP.
- More articles and tips on Bruno P. Kinoshita's website.
- Presentation at STPCon Spring March 2012 in New Orleans - USA.
- Automated Testing Environment by Bugzilla, Testopia and Jenkins by Chin Pin Chang. July, 2014.
- Various Testopia documentation assembled on Storify
- How to handle self signed certificates on Jenkins Server (TestLink Plugin SSL support)
- JUnit and TestNG result seeking strategies
- First version of the plug-in (the development was guided based on the source code of the following plug-ins: TestLink CCM , Sonar (how to ref maven installations)).
- Keep compatibility with latest versions of Jenkins and Testopia.
- Execute Test Suites.
- TestNG and JUnit result seeking strategies.
- A test case without a tester assigned doesn't execute.