- Might have more restrictions on how the framework should be. OSGI etc (pablaasmo).
- Their projects websites are crap and I find them hard to find (vtintillier)
- If our goal is not to re-unite with Hudson, it's unlikely that Jenkins will be accepted (kutzi)
- The eclipse IP process makes it very hard for occasional contributors. Many will just give up. (magnayn)
- For the contributor it's simply a bugzilla and a short statement that the contributor has the right to donate the code. Is that so hard? (jutzig)
- Bugzilla. Ick. (abayer)
- Compared with ASF, more decisions in Eclipse depend on the Board and the Eclipse Staff. The bylaws are 24 pages (see here and the rest of the Governance Documents). As a specific, possibly infrequent, decision, see this comment from the Foundation on community reactions to the donation (pelegri)