Jenkins requires Java7 or above to function. Java8 is recommended. Jenkins requires a fair amount of memory to operate well. Smaller installations should start around 256MB-1GB.
Jenkins has native integrations with the following OSes. See respective sections for how to make Jenkins run in the background automatically:
Alternatively, if you have a servlet container that supports Servlet 2.4/JSP 2.03.1, such as Glassfish v2v4, Tomcat 5 8 (or any later versions), then you can run them as services, and deploy
jenkins.war as you would any other war file. Container specific documentation is available if you choose this route.
Top of page
TODO. This feature is under development.
Jenkins Offline Installation
Also, see how other people are deploying Jenkins/Hudson to get some idea of how to make it fit your environment.
- How I setup Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Nginx for 1 master with linux, windows, mac slaves for Continuous Delivery of Cpp builds and tests.
- Case study of Sven Reimers
- Case study of Kohsuke Kawaguchi
- Case study of Rhett Sutphin
- Case study of Ned Collyer
- Case Study of Arnaud Lacour
- Case Study of JBoss
- we'd love to list yours here. Please talk to us.