Quickly benefit from Sonar, an open-source Code Quality Management Platform based on many well known analysis tools like Checkstyle, PMD, Findbugs, Cobertura, ....
Once your technical project is configured in Hudson, just activate the Sonar plugin in order to analyze your source code according to the following quality axes :
- Respect of coding rules violations
- Density of documented API
- Density of duplicated Code
- Level of code coverage by Unit Tests
- Density of potential bugs
- Complexity distribution
Why use Sonar?
- There isn't any necessary configuration for Maven project and a basic one for Ant project
- All those quality axes are displayed in one page : the project dashboard
- You can easily drill down from the measure values to the module (Maven), package and classes (source code viewer)
Sonar drives many tools including among others :
- Static analysis : Checkstyle, PMD/CPD, Findbugs, JavaNCSS.
- Dynamic analysis for unit tests : Cobertura, Clover, Surefire.
- Install and start the Sonar server
- Activate the Sonar plugin from the Hudson Plugin Manager
- Define a Sonar installation from the Configure System page. Some advanced parameters are used when overriding default Sonar configuration.
- Activate Sonar on jobs from the "Post-build actions" section.
- Build your project
We recommend to execute Sonar at the most on nightly builds. It's useless to activate it on continuous builds.
- View your project in Sonar application (default is http://localhost:9000)
Release 1.2 (Not released)
This version introduces some changes to configuration files. Upgrade will be performed automatically, but before upgrade please make a backup of your Hudson configuration.
Most probably next plugin version will be incompatible with versions below 1.2, so it's highly recommended to update to this version.
Release 1.1 (August 1, 2009)
When upgrading to this version, please be aware that "Skip on SCM build" (Default Yes) is becoming "Poll SCM" (Default No) under Triggers section. Due to technical limitation, this data could not be migrated to 1.1, and therefore if it was unchecked in certain jobs, the new box should be manually checked.
Release 1.0.1 (June 3, 2009)
Release 1.0 (May 20, 2009)
This plugin allow easy integration of SonarQube™, the open source platform for Continuous Inspection of code quality.