This plugin allows you to use MSBuild to build .NET and Visual Studio projects.
To use this plugin, specify the location directory of MSBuild.exe on Jenkin's configuration page. The MSBuild executable is usually situated in a subfolder of C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. The Visual Studio 2017 Community version of "msbuild.exe" is located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\" If you have multiple MSBuild versions installed, you can configure multiple executables.
Then, on your project configuration page, specify the name of the build file (.proj or .sln) and any command line
arguments you want to pass in. The files are compiled to the directory where Visual Studio would put them as well.
- When using Command Line Arguments, bear in mind that special characters are treated like in Unix, so they will need to be escaped using the backslash.
* Fix JENKINS-48194 - Binary compatibility broken since 1.28
* Fix JENKINS-42284 - chcp command errors are ignored and no longer fail the build. Moreover, a checkbox is now available on the build step configuration to prevent the plugin from executing chcp before running msbuild.
* Add JENKINS-24132 - Support for multiple MSBuild Output encoding so that the console log of Jenkins is displayed correctly
* Add JENKINS-37392 - Add @Symbol("msbuild") to MSBuild's ToolDescriptor
* Fix PR#28 - Minor bugs and build warnings
* Fix JENKINS-28679 - Warning when setting MSBuild installation path to the directory containing msbuild.exe instead of the path to the executable itself
* Add JENKINS-3367 - Add ouput coloring for warning and error messages