This plugin introduces a game where users gets point on improving the builds.
Note that the plugin version 1.713+ requires Hudson 1.211 320 to work and the following plugin versions:
The plugin is not activated for all jobs at start, each separate job has to activate the game. The game can also be de-activated in one job if some large merge activity is going to take place. To activate the game for a job, go to the job configuration page and check the , click "Add post-build action" and select "Continuous integration game box" from the list of available post-build actions.
Build score card
For each build the game calculates, according to the rules, the number of points that it is worth. Each user that is responsible for the build (ie comitters) receives the points.
Clicking on the link shows what rules that were involved in the point calculation.
To see who is winning the build game, there is a leader board that is shown on the front page.
The rules of the game are:
- PMD Plugin. Adding/removing a HIGH priority warning = -5/+5. Adding/removing a MEDIUM priority warning = -3/+3. Adding/removing a LOW priority warning = -1/+1.
- Task Scanner Plugin. Adding/removing a HIGH priority task = -5/+5. Adding/removing a MEDIUM priority task = -3/+3. Adding/removing a LOW priority task = -1/+1
- Violations Plugin. Adding/removing a violation = -1/+1. Adding/removing a duplication violation = +-5/-+5.
- Findbugs Plugin. Adding/removing a HIGH priority findbugs warning = -5/+5. Adding/removing a MEDIUM priority findbugs warning = -3/+3. Adding/removing a LOW priority findbugs warning = -1/+1
- Warnings Plugin. Adding/removing a compiler warning = -1/+1.
- Checkstyle Plugin. Adding/removing a checkstyle warning = -1/+1.
You are a maintainer of a plugin and would like to add rules to the game with data from your plugin. To do this you should declare the game plugin as an optional dependency to your plugin. To create rules implement the interface Rule, and group them together in a RuleSet. To add a RuleSet to the game, add it to the game's RuleBook.
You would like to add rules to the game that are only valid for your organization and do not want to share them. To do this you should declare the game plugin as a mandatory dependency to your plugin. Then implement the Rule and add them to the RuleBook as in above point.
Version 1.26 (2016-10-21)compatibility with DSLs (pull-19)
Version 1.26 (2016-10-21)
- compatibility with DSLs (pull-19)
Version 1.25 (2016-06-30)
- Support for jacoco coverage (pull-16)
Version 1.24 (2016-03-12)
- Support for maven findbugs scores (pull-18)
Version 1.23 (2015-11-08)
- Prevent user to edit score value (pull-17)
Version 1.22 (2015-08-21)
- Expose leaderboard via API (pull-9)
Version 1.21 (2015-02-17)
- Adapt to API changes introduced in Jenkins core, bump version dependencies (issue #24478)
Version 1.20 (2014-07-19)
- Remember history per user where most recent awarded points are coming from (pull-7)
- Correct help link for case insensitive setting (issue #20125)
- Configurable points to be awarded for matching rules (issue #6446)
- leaderboard shows a sortable position number (pull-12)
Version 1.19 (2012-09-17)
- Prevent XSS in user name (JENKINS-14309)
- authenticated users can modify their own scores (JENKINS-3575)
- CI game fails with NPE (JENKINS-11041)
- Added support for Markup Formatter in the LeaderBoard for displaying the user's description (pull-2)
Version 1.18 (2011-02-18)
- added support for incremental Maven builds (not yet implemented for the PMD and the Violations rule)
- Added stylecop warnings for the violations plugin JENKINS-4847
- Fix issue with last analysis plugins JENKINS-5022
- Fixed a bug where a player that exists in several SCM log entries would receive points for each entry. (JENKINS-4470)
- Fixed so skip unit tests are ignored. (JENKINS-4449)
Version 1.13 Requires Hudson 1.320 or later
- Fixed so no points are awarded for a build if previous build reports has an error. (JENKINS-4391)
- Hopefully fixed the NPE in the Violations plugin. (JENKINS-3726)
- Added feature to handle user names case insensitive. (JENKINS-3990)
- Fixed 404 when clicking on Leaderboard in any view but the main view (JENKINS-3604)
- Added localisation support. So if you want help out, please check the Internationalization page. (JENKINS-3484)
- Added a description column in the leader board (JENKINS-4141)
- Fixed most rules so the person who fixes a broken build doesnt get any penalties or rewards for it. The person will still get the points for fixing the build. (JENKINS-2592)
- Fixed so points are added or subtracted for test cases when run in a maven job (JENKINS-2542)