- Create a new job or access an existing job
- Select Configure
- Select "Add build step" and select "Run AppScan Standard"
- Complete the fields that appear:
- Installation will show the name you provided for the installation on the global configuration screen.
- If you have not added an installation, please go the the Jenkins Global Tool Configuration link under Manage Jenkins.
- If you only have one installation configured, the installation should be selected for you. If you plan to execute AppScan Standard on multiple Jenkins nodes, you may need to configure multiple installation paths.
- Starting URL is the URL AppScan Standard will use to run the spiders on to find compile a list of URIs to scan.
- Authenticated Scan will scan the website logged in as the provided account, this will provide better scanning results.
- Recorded Login Sequence uses a recorded login sequence (you must generate it using AppScan Standard previously) to login.
- Form Based Authentication tries to login automatically using the credentials provided, this method may fail depending on your website's authentication configuration.
- Generate Report will generate and save a report with the vulnerabilities found by AppScan Standard.
- Report title the generated report will be saved using this title for the name.
- HTML Report saves the report in HTML format.
- PDF saves the report in PDF format.
- You can save both formats in one run.
- Advanced configurations that can be applied to the scan
- Include URLs for Scanning allows you to manually include URLs for scanning in case the spiders miss them
- Test Policy File Path will use the specified test policy instead of the default options
- Additional Commands can be used to execute additional options available in the command line interface that are not available in plugin's graphical user interface.
- If you need help filling in any field, check the help description by pressing the ? icon
- Click Save at the bottom
- Run the job.
Using Nodes to run AppScan Standard Plugin
Using HTML Publisher Plugin with AppScan Standard Plugin
To take full advantage of this plugin, you may want to combine it with HTML Publisher Plugin
If you already have HTML Publisher installed, this can be achieved in 2 simple steps:
- Select Generate a Report, insert a Report Title and check HTML Report
In the *Post-build Actions* add *Publish HTML reports*, press *Add* and fill it in to match the settings from AppScan Standard Plugin (*report title must match Index page\[s\]*)
That's it, once you run AppScan Standard you will get a result similar to:
This version of the plugin was tested with Jenkins 2.0, 2.7 and 2.17 and IBM Security AppScan Standard 9.0.3.