A new way to provide choices can be added with implementing
JobcopyOperation, overriding the following method:
public String perform(String xmlString, String encoding, EnvVars env, PrintStream logger);
or, with extending
AbstractXmlJobcopyOperation, overriding the following method:
abstract public Document perform(Document doc, EnvVars env, PrintStream logger);
- Click "Advanced" in "copy Job"
- Add "Additional File Sets", specify "promotions/*/config.xml" in "Files".
Permissions to copy jobs
"Copy Job" build step requires following permissions.
Item to copy from
Job/ExtendedRead is displayed only when you install Extended Read Permission Plugin. You can grant it by granting Job/Configure instead.
Item to copy to (when create)
Item to copy to (when overwrite)
- "Copy Job" is run as ANONYMOUS as default.
- If you want "Copy Job" run as a specific user, use other plugins authenticate builds. e.g. Authorize Project plugin
Version 1.4.0 (Jul 24, 2016)
- Changed target Jenkins version from 1.466 to 1.480.3.
- Supports Cloudbees CloudBees Folders Plugin (JENKINS-24515)
- You can copy a job in a folder into another folder.
- You can copy folders.