This step allows a pipeline job to notify a status for any GitHub commit.
Intended for jobs that want to notify GitHub of any desired event with complete control over the notification content. Including context, status or target url.
This plugin provides the githubnotify build step, this step can be used to create a status in Github.
- credentialsId: The id of the github's credentials to use, must be of type UsernameAndPassword
- status: The status to send, one of SUCCESS, FAILURE, ERROR or PENDING
- description: The description that will appear at the notification
- context: The notifications context, GH uses the context to diferentiate notifications (optional, jenkins/githubnotify is used by default)
- sha: The sha that identifies the commit to notify status
- repo: The repo that ows the commit we want to notify
- account: The account that owns the repository
- gitApiUrl: GitHub's Enterprise instance API url (optional, https://api.github.com is used by default)
targetUrl: The targetUrl for the notification
githubNotify account: 'raul-arabaolaza', context: 'Final Test', credentialsId: 'raul-github', description: 'This is an example', repo: 'acceptance-test-harness', sha: '0b5936eb903d439ac0c0bf84940d73128d5e9487' , status: 'SUCCESS', targetUrl: 'http://www.cloudbees.com'
Aditionally the step is able to infer most of this data when running from a pipeline multibranch job, in that the call is greatly simplified:
githubNotify context: 'Notification key', description: 'This is a shorted example', status: 'SUCCESS'
Please go to the README of the plugin to find more details about how the inferring process works and when you cann use it
Version 1.0.2 (2016-04-09)
- JENKINS-42955 The step now uses the scan credentials over the checkout credentials for inferring
Version 1.0.1 (2016-12-24)
- JENKINS-40422 The step now uses the scan credentials over the checkout credentials for inferring