The Pipeline View
- Install the plugin using the Hudson\Jenkins update centre and restart.
- Create a view of the new type "Build Pipeline View". Note: it doesn't take you directly to it's configuration page
- To get to the configuration options, you must go to the configuration page directly. E.g. http://localhost:8080/view/new-view/configure (if your view happens to be called "new-view")
- The below outlines what each interesting parameter controls
Build Pipeline View Title
Gives a title to the page that displays the view
Select Initial Job
This is the first job in the chain. It will traverse through the downstream jobs to build up the entire pipeline
No of Displayed Builds
The number of historical builds to be displayed on a page
Manual downstream build step configuration
In order to make the next build in the chain manual, check the "require manual build execution" checkbox in the Post Build action section of the job configuration.
Automated downstream build step
To add a build step that will trigger automatically upon the successful completion of the previous one, use one of the following mechanisms.
- Project Build Trigger
- Build Other Projects Post Build action
This is hosted on Google Code so that we can support both Jenkins and Hudson.
Please use Google Code rather than this page to ask questions, report bugs and request features.
- It takes a long time for projects or new development resources to become productive.
- Inability to scale resources or development partners to meet business demands.
- Inconsistent quality of software deliverables across project teams or suppliers.
- Error prone manual build processes which are difficult to scale
- Inconsistent application of tools and processes resulting in key resource dependencies.
- Dependency on hero factor in software deployments – asking too much of individuals to successfully implement software.
- Uncertainty around the impact of change
- Lack of visibility of the quality or status of change until late in the delivery lifecycle.
- Spiralling costs of change due to ever increasing technical debt
Centrum have developed an offering we call Software Delivery Mastery (SDM). We can help in the following areas: