Plugin Information View URLTrigger on the plugin site for more information. Older versions of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before using an older version:
View URLTrigger on the plugin site for more information.
Older versions of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before using an older version:
Jenkins can be configured to poll URL changes.
The plug-in makes it possible to check the last modification date response and the response content of an URL invocation.
For the response content, you can check:
- a simple response content (the content nature is not interpreted; a MD5 is used)
- a TXT response content (the returned values from the evaluation of regular expressions are checked)
- an XML response content (the returned values from the evaluation of XPath expressions are checked)
- a JSON response content (the returned values from the evaluation of JSONPath expressions are checked)
Note: The plug-in uses only persistence in memory. There is no impact on the Jenkins infrastructure (no new files created).
This plugin provides a polling typology among the XTrigger Plugin.
Some Use cases
* This plugin enables users to check if new artifacts (such as binaries) have been deployed in a repository (managed for example by a repository manager such as Sonatype Nexus, JFrog Artifactory, Apache Archiva and so on).
* This plugin is useful to know if a stage of a pipeline (for a continuous testing, a continous delivery or a continuous deployment) has to be executed.
Only http(s) URLs are supported. For non-http protocols, consider other XTrigger plugins such as the FSTrigger Plugin
Comparison with similar plugins
This plugin supports all URL Change Trigger features and it includes all the fixes of the current URL Change Trigger issues.
And unlike the URL Change Trigger, URLTrigger plug-in is also able to check the content nature (TEXT, XML, JSON) of a file.
Additionally the plugin can be extended (in the same plugin or by an other plugin) to check other content type.
Tidied URL verification and removed unnecessary url GET.
* allow to use jsonarray as root of input message
* Fix JENKINS-28834 - Declare dependency on matrix project plugin
* Assign meaningful name to executor thread
* Be more explicit about failed content check preconditions
* Fix JENKINS-20359 - Monitoring URL for JSON content change not working
* Making the build compatible with Java 7
* Fix JENKINS-17961 - URLTrigger does not poll when URL starts with environment variable
* Fix JENKINS-18035 - Request to support HTTPS url monitoring in URLTrigger plugin
* Fix regression on polling log from previous version
* Fix JENKINS-17641 - Unknown field 'logEnabled' in org.jenkinsci.lib.xtrigger.XTriggerCause
* Fix JENKINS-17468 - NullPointerException in URLTrigger.getFTPResponse during startup
* Add FTP Support
* Fix JENKINS-16774 - URLTrigger gives severe error message instead of detecting change
* warn user that only http is supported for URL protocol (added by ndeloof)
* Fix JENKINS-14620 - Invalid configurations
* Fix JENKINS-15564 - URLTrigger: Allow timeouts to be configurable
* Fix JENKINS-14607 - URLTrigger "Polling error null"
* Add the capability to check ETag response header
* Add JENKINS_URL resolution at startup check
* Update to xtrigger-lib 0.17
* Update to envinject-lib 1.10
* Add environment variables resolution at the trigger startup lifecycle
* Update to xtrigger-lib 0.16
* Update to envinject-lib 1.9
* Upgrade to xtrigger-lib 0.14 (more log)
* Restrict to successful family for URL content
* Exclude polling on unavailable services
* Fix job restart when JENKINS URLs to check are unavailable at Jenkins startup
* Update to xtrigger-lib 0.12 (fix link to polling log to appear on build console)
* Fix TXT content type detection
* Fix JENKINS-12912 - URLTtrigger does not poll on jobs which are tied to disconnected slaves
* Update to xtrigger-lib 0.8
* Fix the hang problem (JENKINS-12696)
* Update to xtrigger-lib 0.7
* Update to xtrigger-lib 0.2
* Fix JENKINS-12213 - Polling error org/jenkinsci/plugins/envinject/EnvInjectAction" when monitoring build number url
* Fix JENKINS-11859 - java.io.IOException: Stream closed" when monitoring a jenkins job build number
* Environment variables are taken into account
* Add proxy configuration if needed
* Fix JENKINS-11273 - Basic Authentication support in urltrigger
* Fix TXT Content type saving
* Change 'Add Button' label
* Fix JENKINS-10731 - XMLContentType didn't update initial results HashMap
* Fix JENKINS-10728 - URLTrigger, config.jelly and checkLastModificationDate should be optionalBlock
* Add message when there are no URLs to poll
* Fix NullPointerException when there is no URL entry
* Fix a NullPointerException at Jenkins startup
* Add a delete button on the configuration page to remove an entry section
* Add Text Content check
* Add JSON content check
* Technical features: additional unit tests
* Add poll changes of URL contents
* Initial release