View Pipeline: Multibranch on the plugin site for more information.
Automatically creates a new Jenkins job whenever a new branch is pushed to a source code repository.
Other plugins can define various branch types, e.g. a Git branch, a Subversion branch, a GitHub Pull Request etc.
See this blog post for more info:https://jenkins.io/blog/2015/12/03/pipeline-as-code-with-multibranch-workflows-in-jenkins/
A component of the Pipeline Plugin.
To determine the branch being built - use the environment variable
BRANCH_NAME - e.g.
2.17 (Jan 22, 2018)
- Provide a BranchProperty to support setting configuring durability per-branch (supports JENKINS-47300)
- Massive updates to dependencies and tests
- Bugfix: JENKINS-42817 readTrusted Pipeline from SCM only works in */master
2.16 (Jun 19, 2017)
- Bugfix: Stop removing JobProperties defined outside a step (JENKINS-44848)
2.15 (Jun 01, 2017)
JENKINS-34561 Option to select a script name/path other than
2.14 (Mar 10, 2017)
- JENKINS-40558 Replace in-line help references of "pipeline script" with "pipeline" to clarify that Pipeline Model Definition Plugin works with multibranch
2.13 (Mar 03, 2017)
- JENKINS-33273 Load
Jenkinsfile(or any file requested in
loadTrusted) directly from the SCM rather than doing a checkout. Requires a compatible SCM (currently Git or GitHub).
- JENKINS-40521 Orphaned branch projects are now effectively disabled.
- JENKINS-41146 Help text improvement.
- API change:
AbstractWorkflowMultiBranchProjectFactoryimplementers may now throw
One aspect of JENKINS-33273 is that you will not get an SCM changelog from a lightweight checkout of
Jenkinsfile itself---only if your script actually runs
This behavior change can be suppressed in case of emergency using
2.12 (Feb 02, 2017)
- JENKINS-40906 Add missing help text and configuration UI
2.10 (Jan 16, 2017)
- Please read this Blog Post before upgrading
- JENKINS-40906 Resolve an SCM from an SCMSource and a list of candidate target branch names
- JENKINS-39355 Use SCM API 2.0.x APIs
- JENKINS-32179 Branch indexing always attempts to create a new project for conflicting branch names from multiple sources
- Added subversion based integration tests
- If SCMSource.fetch returns null abort the build.
- JENKINS-35698 Initial run of parameterized pipeline build should return properties default value
- JENKINS-38987 SCMHead/SCMSource/SCMNavigator need getPronoun() to assist contextual naming
- JENKINS-38960 Deprecate TopLevelItemDescriptor.getIconFilePathPattern() and TopLevelItemDescriptor.getIconFile(String)
2.10-beta-1 (Dec 16, 2016)
- Updated to use new multibranch-related APIs.
- More robust handling of invalid revisions.
2.9.2 (Nov 09, 2016)
- 2.9.1 was corrupt.
2.9.1 (Nov 09, 2016)
- In cases where the SCM source does not recognize a branch and fails to determine its tip revision, fail with a clearer message.
Do not use. Use 2.9.2 instead.
2.9 (Sep 23, 2016)
- JENKINS-37005 Warn about use of the
propertiesstep from a non-multibranch project.
- JENKINS-37538 Ensuring that
readTrustedoutput is displayed incrementally, and can be interrupted.
2.8 (Jun 15, 2016)
- JENKINS-31386 + JENKINS-34596: allow use of
readTrustedinside a single-branch Pipeline Script from SCM.
2.7 (Jun 09, 2016)
- JENKINS-34246 Integration of upstream fix to orphan or modify multibranch projects inside an organization folder as project recognizers dictate.
2.6 (Jun 02, 2016)
- JENKINS-34596 Added
readTrustedstep to provide greater flexibility when building untrusted pull requests.
- Internal refactoring to expose multibranch functionality to other plugins.
2.5 (Jun 01, 2016)
- JENKINS-32396 Pick up dependency with new feature to suppress automatic triggers of certain branch projects.
- JENKINS-30206 Failure to update branch projects with modified configuration (only affecting newly introduced trigger suppression property).
2.4 (May 23, 2016)
- JENKINS-31831 Make new Pipeline Syntax link appear on multibranch Pipeline projects, and organization folders configured with the Pipeline factory.
2.3 (Apr 14, 2016)
- JENKINS-34235 Pipeline Multibranch project icon not found in the New Item page.
2.2 (Apr 14, 2016)
- Wrong release.
2.1 (Apr 13, 2016)
- JENKINS-31162 Support for Item categorization.
2.0 (Apr 05, 2016)
- First release under per-plugin versioning scheme. See 1.x changelog for earlier releases.