View Persona on the plugin site for more information.
This plugin lets you define custom personalities like Chuck Norris or Bruce Schneier just by preparing an XML file and a few image files. In this way, you can quickly define your CEO in Jenkins and earn some brownie points.
How to define a persona
By default, this plugin doesn't ship with any particular persona, so you need to define one before you use. To define a new persona, place your files in the following directory structure:
The image files can be of any image type. The 'success' file is used as a background image for successful builds, the 'failure' file for failed builds, and the 'other' file is used for all the other kinds of builds (such as unstable, aborted, etc.) The icon file should be 48x48, and is used as a small icon placed in front of a quote.
These files can be placed anywhere under $JENKINS_HOME/persona, so long as they are side by side to each other.
The format of the persona.xml file is as follows:
"type" : build status such as 'success', 'failure', 'other' (case insensitive).
Reloading persona without restarting Jenkins
Send an HTTP request to http://yourserver/jenkins/reload-persona/ to have Jenkins reload your persona on the fly. This is useful when you manually added new ones or new quotes to existing ones.
Packaging your persona as a plugin
Create a plugin with your persona.xml and other image files in the top of the .hpi file. This allows you to easily share your persona with the Jenkins community.
Version 2.4 (Oct 2, 2013)
- Fixed NPE (JENKINS-12803).
Version 2.3 (May 12, 2013)
- support installing plugins without restart (JENKINS-12803).
Version 2.2 (Apr 16, 2012)
- use prefix not to pick up a stale cache.
- show jenkins icon with right bottom location.
Version 2.1 (Mar 5, 2012)
- fixed that persona does not show up on Firefox.
Version 2.0 (Mar 1, 2012)
- Reloading persona does not reloads existing persona quotes (JENKINS-8298).
- Allow use of random persona instead of a fix one (JENKINS-8296).
- Exception thrown during Persona finder on old format (JENKINS-10166).
- Image is misplaced in background and long text shift right column (JENKINS-10167).
- enables to select location to display a persona.
- fixed several small bugs.
Version 1.3 (Mar 22, 2011)
- Move background image to lower left
Version 1.2 (Feb 24, 2011)
- Supported a different quote set for each build result(JENKINS-7838).
- Increased the icon size to 48x48.
- Allow packaging of multiple personas as a plugin instead of only one (JENKINS-8297).
Version 1.1 (Oct 19, 2010)
- Fixed a path handling problem on Windows
- Removing a persona shouldn't result in a failure to load a job that uses it
- Added an URL to reload persona on the fly without restarting Jenkins
Version 1.0 (Oct 17, 2010)
- First version