View PegDown Formatter on the plugin site for more information.
The current version of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before use:
- Use PegDown to format Markdown syntax in descriptions in Jenkins, eg, view, job, build, the system message, etc.
- Disable HTML to prevent XSS
- Enable/ disable all of the PegDown extensions
This plugin is compatible with any version of Jenkins (1.396+)
This plugin can be installed from the Plugin Manager (Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins) under "User Interface".
To install manually, download the latest plugin from http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/plugins/pegdown-formatter/ and use the Upload Plugin option in the Advanced tab of the Plugin Manager.
In Manage Jenkins -> Configure Global Security, select "Enable security".
Next to Markup Formatter, select "PegDown" from the drop down list.
To ensure that Jenkins does not lose configuration when you return to the Configure System page, make sure that you select one of the Security Realms.
To leave Jenkins "open" select "Jenkins's own user database" and "Anyone can do anything" under Authorization.
Select this option to strip HTML from the description fields
Clicking on the Advanced button will reveal the following extensions which can be enabled/disabled individually.
See the PegDown GitHub page for details of these extensions.
- Enable the plugin to work with Jenkins 1.455 onwards JENKINS-13111
- HTML syntax highlighting disabled when SUPPRESS_ALL_HTML is selected (in Jenkins 1.425+)
- Added the ABBREVIATIONS extension option
- Initial release