View Naginator on the plugin site for more information.
DescriptionThis plugin allows you to automatically reschedule a build after a build failure.
This can be useful in several cases, including:
- The build is dependent upon external resources, that were temporarily unavailable (DB down, network down, website down, etc).
- Users want continuous emails sent out until the build is fixed, in order to prompt people into action.
Simply install the plugin, and then check the Post-Build action "Retry build after failure" on your project's configuration page.
If the build fails, it will be rescheduled to run again after the time you specified. You can choose how many times to retry running the job. For each consecutive unsuccessful build, you can choose to extend the waiting period.
The following options are also available:
- Rerun build for unstable builds as well as failures
- Only rebuild the job if the build's log output contains a given regular expression
- Rerun build only for the failed parts of a matrix job
The plugin also adds a rerun button for in the build section.
To report a bug or request an enhancement to this plugin please create a ticket in JIRA (you need to login or to sign up for an account). Also have a look on How to report an issue
- Bug report
- Request or propose an improvement of existing feature
- Request or propose a new feature
- Open Issues
Version 1.18 - Feb 23, 2019
- Now targets Jenkins 1.565+ (was 1.554+)
- FIXED: wrong delay time calcuration in "Progressive" strategy when there're multiple series of retries in parallel: - JENKINS-43803Getting issue details... STATUS
- FIXED: links to the source builds in cause texts are broken when the build number gets 1000+: - JENKINS-50751Getting issue details... STATUS
Version 1.17.2 - Aug 14, 2016
- Don't display "Retry" link for pipeline builds (JENKINS-36438)
- It caused NPE. Naginator doesn't works for pipeline builds for now.
Version 1.17.1 - Jun 05, 2016
- Fix NPE when a single Maven module is triggered (JENKINS-34900)
Version 1.17 - Mar 12, 2016
- Makes the build number of the naginator cause a clickable link (#25)
- Provides variables NAGINATOR_COUNT, NAGINATOR_MAXCOUNT, NAGINATOR_BUILD_NUMBER (JENKINS-21241).
- Displays the checkbox for matrix projects even when the publisher is newly added (JENKINS-32822).
- Added "When no combinations to rerun" (JENKINS-32823).
- Introduced a new option "How to apply the regular expression to matrix" which replaces "Test regular expression for the matrix parent" (JENKINS-32821)
Version 1.16.1 - Dec 06, 2015
- Fixed: Retry button invisible even with "Build" permission for a project (JENKINS-31318)
- Fixed: Bad regular expressions cause unabortable builds (JENKINS-24903)
- Too long running regular expressions will be aborted. You can change the timeout for regular expressions in Configure System page.
Version 1.16 - Oct 31, 2015
- Allow regexps applied for matrix children logs (JENKINS-26637)
- Count the number a build rescheduled precisely (JENKINS-17626)
- Control rescheduling with action (JENKINS-29715, JENKINS-23984)
- Other plugins can have naginator plugin retrigger a build by adding NaginatorScheduleAction to the build.
Version 1.15 - Apr 9, 2014
- Make JobProperty optional for jobs
- Decrease require core for ancient jenkins users
Version 1.14 - Dec 19, 2014
- Retain original build causes on manual retry (JENKINS-20065)
- Add details and optimize logging (JENKINS-26118)
- Ensure BufferedReader in parseLog is closed (JENKINS-25800)
Version 1.13 - Nov 12, 2014
- Fix progressive delay time calculation (behavior slightly changed)
- Fix rerun behavior for unstable builds in matrix
- Better log the trigger cause
- Fix badge icon for the case in which Jenkins is not in the root folder
- Don't show rerun link if user doesn't have permissions
Version 1.12 - Aug 25, 2014
- Added the option to rerun only the failed parts of a matrix
- Retry will occur only when all parts of a matrix finish
- Rebuild link verify authentication
- Don't rerun job on manual cancel
- Fix NPE when running Maven build
Version 1.11 - April 8, 2014
- Naginator now retain original build causes on retry
Version 1.9 - Nov 8, 2013
- Re-schedule limit doesn't consider previous builds that aren't related to Naginator
- Added a badge icon to re-scheduled builds
- Bug fixes
Version 1.8 - June 12, 2012
- New extension point to configure schedule delay
- Fixed delay implementation
- Parameters for build are reused on schedule
- Limit for number of build attempts after failure
Version 1.7 - May 31, 2012
- Fix NPE for non-nagged jobs JENKINS-13791
Version 1.6.1 - May 3, 2012
- Fix compatibility with build-timeout plugin (JENKINS-11594)
- Use a RunListener
- Not released (release:prepare failed on ndeloof computer :-/)
Version 1.5 - Dec 7, 2009
- Added support for not rebuilding if the build is unstable.
- Added support for only rebuilding if a regular expression is found in the build log.
Version 1.4 - Jan 26, 2009
- The plugin progressively introduces a delay until the next build. It starts with 5 minutes and goes up to one hour.
Version 1.3 - April 9, 2008
- After way too long, the release is actually out there. 1.1 and 1.2 are missing due to my inability to use the maven release process correctly .
Version 1.0 - Sept 17, 2007
- Initial Release - release didn't actually make it to the repository...