View MQTT Notification on the plugin site for more information.
MQTT is a machine-to-machine (M2M)/"Internet of Things" connectivity protocol. It was designed as an extremely lightweight publish/subscribe messaging transport.
The following details are configurable per Jenkins job:
- Broker hostname/port
Both the topic and the message may also include certain dynamic variables. These include:
- PROJECT_URL - The relative URL to the Jenkins project to which this job belongs (e.g. "job/my-build").
- BUILD_RESULT - The result of the Job (e.g. SUCCESS, FAILURE, ABORTED, etc.)
- BUILD_NUMBER - The build number
- CULPRITS - Comma-separated list of build culprits
All other build variables and environment variables can also be used (JENKINS-41839).
The default topic when no value is specified is "jenkins/PROJECT_URL".
The default message when no value is specified is "BULD_RESULT".
The MqttNotifier can now be used in a jenkins pipeline, too. (Thanks michaelknigge!)
Fixed credentials problem introduced while refactoring for unit testing in previous release (JENKINS-42764)
- Fixed problem with variable substitution (JENKINS-41974)
- Started using StrSubstitutor for variable substitution
- Added a unit test, but it's not doing much yet. Need to improve this.
- Reverted language level to Java 7 following failed integration test
- Bumped pom parent version, triggered a few findbugs violations. Now fixed.
- MQTT Notification plugin should be able to publish build number, build parameters (JENKINS-41839)
- Environment variables can now be used in topic and message (JENKINS-31669)
- Guard against credentials leak (JENKINS-25035)
- Bumped Paho MQTT client version (GitHub issue 4)
- No changes. Republished 1.2 as the release didn't quite make it public for some reason.
- I'm not dead yet!
- Bumped jenkins-ci plugin parent to 1.600 (JENKINS-23239)
- Merged pull request to use credentials when testing broker connection
- Modified DefaultFilePersistence to use java.io.tmpdir
- Initial release