View Jabber Server on the plugin site for more information.
The current version of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before use:
This plugin creates a Jabber-Server for your builtin-users using the Jenkin's Domainname (you need a .jks-File).
This Document is for Administrators and for all who are able to install Plug-ins into a already installed Jenkins-CI.
Feel free to ask questions that are emerged by this Pages, i will try to find a matching answer and the right place for.
Preparation to Installation
Get sure that the Plug-in is not yet installed and you have the right to install plug-ins. Get sure you can claim a open Socket for the connection, favored is the port 5222.
The installation will be easy.
- Log in into Jenkins.
- Open the Manage Jenkins page.
- Open the Manag Plugins page.
- Open the Available tab.
- Filter for Jabber (the filter is available on the upper right side of the Plugin-Adminstration-Page).
- Check the "install" Box right to the Jabber-Server-Plugin.
- Press Install without restart or Download now and install after restart.
Preparation to Integration
Get sure that the Plug-in is successfully installed (See #Installation) and you have either a .jks-File for the server, or you have access to the Shell of the Server.
Get sure that Jenkins has security enabled via the Configure Global Security-Page. The "Jenkin's standard user database":https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Standard+Security+Setup must be activated.
The integration unfortunately is not such easy as the Installation was. To create the key (Step 2) is only neccessary if you do not already have a .jks-File for the Server.
- Log in into the Server's shell.
- Create a keystore for the self-signed SSL-Encryption (optional). Use in example the
@keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -alias SERVER-NAME -keystore REPLACEME.jks -storepass password -validity 360 -keysize 2048@
- Copy the absolute path of the generated REPLACEME.jks-File and update the Jabber-Server-Configuration, update password in the Plug-in's configuration to the Storepass.