This IDEA plugin makes it easy to develop Jenkins and its plugins on IntelliJ IDEA, for which JetBrains kindly provided us a free license.
This plugin has the following features:
- Cmd+B navigation from the Jelly tags to their definitions
- Error checks and auto completion on attributes and elements of taglibs; also see Writing Jelly views with IDE assistance
- Syntax error checks on JEXL expressions
- "Go to stapler view" to jump from a Java class to its views (Cmd+Shift+P)
- Select a string expression, then "Refactor" > "i18n for Stapler" to create a message resource: Internationalization#Stapler plugin for IntelliJ IDEA
In IDEA open the configuration for plugins, switch to "Available", choose "Stapler plugin for IntelliJ IDEA", right click and choose "Download and install". Afterwards restart IDEA.
Upon the successful extraction, you'll see a file like
Because of a bug in the IntelliJ IDEA plugin repository, we are currently unable to host this plugin there.
On MacOS (10.6), that plugins directory is, e.g.,
On Windows, the plugins directory is, e.g.,
C:\Program Files\IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.3\plugins.