View HTML Audio Notifier on the plugin site for more information.
Plays audio-notifications directly in the browser when builds fail
- A browser that supports the <audio>-tag, works fine in newer versions of both Firefox & Chrome.
The global configuration page contains a section with the global config, which sounds to play etc.
There's an additional way to turn the notifications on/off per browser. This can be toggled by clicking the icon at the bottom-right of the screen.
- .wav & .ogg files are your best bet
- Make sure that the URLs are accessible, i.e. they give "200 OK" or similar responses
- If all else fails, firebug is your friend
Version 0.4 (2011-11-25)
- Added support for long-polling through the global configuration section. In this mode client requests are blocked until new notifications arrive, or until a timeout occurs. The end result is immediate audio feedback, without excessive polling.
Version 0.3 (2011-10-15)
- added support for a new notification-type, success-after-failure
- improved the enable/disable control (bottom-right of each page)
- added a super mario theme
- refactoring / cleanup, added more tests & an automated release-system for the plugin
Version 0.2 (2011-10-02)
- support for playing sounds for successful builds, defaults to pop.wav
- changed core-dependency to 1.425
- added wiki-location to pom
- two new sounds embedded, pop.wav & explosion.wav
Version 0.1 (2011-09-26)
- Initial release