View Gradle on the plugin site for more information.
This plugin adds Gradle Support to Jenkins. Gradle is managed as another tool inside Jenkins (the same way as Ant or Maven),
including support for automatic installation and a new build step is provided to execute Gradle tasks.
Gradle configuration is performed in the Configure System (before Jenkins 2.0) or Global Tool Configuration (starting in Jenkins 2.0). In both cases these options reside in the Manage Jenkins section.
In the Gradle section provided by this plugin, several installations can be configured:
The system provides both automatic installation, which can be performed by directly downloading from the Gradle web site, extracting a compressed final or executing some shell commands.
Besides, for nodes which already has Gradle installed, the tool can by manually configured, by unchecking the Install automatically checkbox and providing the base path (
GRADLE_HOME) of the installation.
The Gradle plugin provides an Invoke Gradle script build step.
The first configuration option is whether to use one of the installation configured in Jenkins (see previous section) of use the Gradle Wrapper
which is the Gradle-provided mechanism to "embed" the use of a specific Gradle version in a build, installing it if neccessary.
Other configuration options include:
- A description to use for the build step.
- Switches (options) to provide to the Gradle execution.
- Tasks to execute (if blanck the defaults tasks of the build will be invoked).
- Path to the build script if different from the root directory of the build.
- Name of the build script if different from
If a Gradle Build Scan is produced during a build, then a link to it is added to the build page.
- Using the Gradle API for accessing all the Gradle functionalities
- Providing a Maven-like or Ivy-like integration
- Multi-project detection
- Adding automatic tests result path detection
- Listing executed tasks with time execution for each task
- Providing a log for each module in a multi-project
Release 1.28 (Oct 2 2017)
Release 1.27 (Jun 23 2017)
- Increase required core version to 1.642.1
- Make finding wrapper location more robust on Windows
- Job parameters are now correctly quoted when passed as system properties (JENKINS-42573 and JENKINS-20505)
- Do not pass all job parameters as (system) properties to Gradle by default
- Include automated test for CLI command JENKINS-42847
- Ensure that Gradle's bin directory is on the path for Pipeline tool steps JENKINS-42381
- Add option to pass only selected system properties to Gradle
- Add option to pass only selected project properties to Gradle
- Progress status
NO-SOURCEare highlighted in the console, too.
- Support build scan plugin 1.8
Release 1.26 (Feb 13 2017)
- Use @DataBoundSetter instead of a (too) large
- Add @Symbol annotations for step and tool (JENKINS-37394)
- Make it possible to configure the wrapper location (JENKINS-35029)
- Update icon for build scan integration
- Remove description from build step
- Update core dependency to 1.580.1 JENKINS-34790
- Fix for Gradle wrapper not working when Gradle version was previously selected (JENKINS-24682)
- Long task names in console outline should not overlap console output (JENKINS-26287)
- It is now possible to pass Gradle build parameters as project properties (JENKINS-17523)
- If a Gradle Build Scan is produced during the build then a link is added to the build page.
* Fix JENKINS-18629 - Jenkins fails to save configuration when using Invoke Gradle script in Conditional Step (single).
* Fix issue #17386 - Gradle.properties ignored after 1.22 upgrade. GRADLE_USER_HOME is now no longer set to the workspace of the job by default. If you wish to have the workspace job as the GRADLE_USER_HOME, you will need to change the config to reflect this.
* Add the ability to allow gradlew to still be run from workspace top, but to also configure it so that gradlew is found in the root build script directory.
* Fix JENKINS-12769 - Cannot specify location of gradle wrapper
* Fix JENKINS-15406 - When using gradlew, root build script field is not used to locate gradlew
* Fix JENKINS-15166 - Gradle plugin fails to save selected Gradle Version in Project configuration
* Fix broken file permission introduced by JENKINS-14780
* Fix JENKINS-14780 - make gradlew script executable
* Merge pull request - Change Gradle Wrapper logic to use the launcher's OS type rather than master's OS type when determining Gradle Wrapper script name
* Fix reopened JENKINS-9538 - hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild & GradleInstallation not serializable => Gradle build not working anymore
* Fix reopened JENKINS-13412 - Gradle plugin fails to quote parameters without whitespace when containing input/output redirection symbols, e.g. in XML strings
* Fix JENKINS-13412 - Gradle plugin fails to quote parameters without whitespace when containing input/output redirection symbols, e.g. in XML strings
* Fix JENKINS-9538 - hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild & GradleInstallation not serializable => Gradle build not working anymore
Release 1.12 (October 30, 2011)
* Fix JENKINS-9553 - Gradle wrapper command fails on Windows
Release 1.11 (October 02, 2011)
- Coloring output log and Navigation executed tasks (from pull request of ikikko)
Release 1.10 (September 07, 2011)
- Provide dry-run option for the DryRun Plugin
Release 1.9 (June 24, 2011)
- Integrate pull request - Enable JAVA_OPTS
Release 1.8 (April 01, 2011)
- Add pull request 'Let users use the Gradle wrapper'
Release 1.7.1 (March 24, 2011)
- Fix 1.7 to properly set required Jenkins version.
Release 1.7 (March 23, 2011)
- Add automatic tool installer
Release 1.6 (February 27, 2011)
- Fix 1.5 to properly set required Jenkins version.
Release 1.5 (February 19, 2011)
- Update to Jenkins 1.397 API and metadata
- Change UI labels from Hudson to Jenkins
Release 1.4 (June, 09, 2010)
- Fix help messages
- Add technical internal behavior for a suitable Artifactory/Gradle integration (with the buildinfo)
Release 1.3 (February 23, 2010)
- Add a description message in the build step
- The plugin makes it possible to extract a Gradle distribution from a shared location or from a command line, and uses this
distribution for running the build.
Release 1.2 (February 07, 2009)
- Add a distinction between switches and tasks
- The plugin makes its possible to specify the location of the build script if the workspace has a top-level build.gradle in somewhere other than the module root directory
- Improve user help messages
Release 1.1 (November 07, 2008)
- Add the support of Gradle 0.5
Before the version 0.5, the gradle windows executable file was "gradle.exe" and you lost the ERRORLEVEL value.
From Gradle 0.5, the window launcher is a .bat file that conserves the correct ERRORLEVEL value.
Release 1.0 (October 04, 2008)
- Initial release