Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

This page is an archive of past meeting agendas, their minutes and IRC logs, for the year shown above.
For current information, see the Governance Meeting Agenda page.

December 12th Meeting

WHEN December 12th 19:00 UTC, which should be 11am PST, 2pm EST, 8pm CET, 4am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

November 14th Meeting

WHEN November 14th 19:00 UTC, which should be 11am PST, 2pm EST, 8pm CET, 4am Tokyo.

  • Recap last meeting's items
  • Balancing personal information of JUC attendees vs cost (Kohsuke Kawaguchi)
  • Forming the Events subgroup in the community for the purpose of coordinating and running event (Lisa Wells/Kohsuke Kawaguchi)
    • Initial task – define model for user events so we can attract others to run them
    • Improve oversight of JUC – define conditions, expectations, involve community
    • Streamline approvals for event publications on Jenkins-ci.org, blog, & Twitter
    • let this group handle CIA program
  • Status of moving Jenkins to java 6 as minimal runtime (Nicolas De Loof)

MINUTES summary and raw

October 31th Meeting

WHEN October 31th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

October 17th Meeting

WHEN October 17th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

Jenkins User Conference Meeting @ San Francisco

We'll have the project meeting in the meat-space at Jenkins User Conference San Francisco. While we are still working on logistics, the event will be transcribed to IRC and get broadcasted live. So if you aren't physically in the event, please join us in our usual IRC channel.

WHEN September 30th 18:00 PDT, which should be 9pm EDT, Oct 1st 1am UTC, Oct 1st 10am Tokyo.

Please suggest your agenda. Unlike regular project meetings, order here is irrelevant because we'll decide what to cover before the meeting. Please try to come up with the agenda items that take advantages of unusual audience demographic.

  • Discussion about future funding source/plan / fiance report
  • What are the pain points? (from 10000ft perspective, not individual bugs or features.)
  • What should the development team focus on? Are we working on the right things? (from 10000ft perspective, not individual bugs or features.)
  • What are the barriers to participation?

Topic suggestions

who

suggestion

first thoughts

R. Tyler Croy

Decommissioning "cabbage" and migrating some new services to OSUOSL VMs

Domi

There are to many plugins doing (nearly) the same, its really hard for users to decide which one fits his need the best

- although we want to keep the barriers for new participants low, we should not blindly clone every repo.
- The ones allowed to do this, should act as some kind of gatekeepers, I know this sounds hard but I really think we should encourage people to enhance/improve existing plugins.
- I'd rather have more people working on the same plugin then adding a new one which looses its maintainer afar the first couple releases.

Domi

Think bigger… many features are implemented in a way they work with small to midrange side installations, but when you have 100+ Salves, 1000+ Users, 1000+ Jobs - things get more complicated. e.g.:

- which plugins are actually in use? how many times? where?
- listing of all users in the security config gets too big
- plugins should think about what is really a global config what should be on job level. (e.g. global acts as default only)

Domi

Think security… plugin developers should think about what features compromise security.

- e.g. blindly providing groovy access to Jenkins internals is a security hole
- maybe it makes sense for an administrator to disable single features in a plugin or he should be the one to decide whether his users are allowed to configure something instead of him.
- also keep the size of an installation in mind

Domi

There is more work done to improve the UI (separate branch): [https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/tree/ui-changes
]

- we should reactivate that work

Tonylampada

Speaking of funding, please don't forget mention FreedomSponsors

- If people there have any feedback about the JIRA plugin, or the platform in general, I'm very interested!
- Also, if Kohsuke is planning to mention FreedomSponsors in a slide, could someone please take a picture? (smile)

September 19th Meeting

WHEN September 19th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

  • Recap last meeting's items
  • Discussion about future funding source/plan
  • Add more hackers to the SECURITY project to give more visibility/opportunity for security issues to be addressed (R. Tyler Croy)
  • Review survey questions for JUC San Francisco (Lisa Wells)

MINUTES summary and raw

September 5th Meeting

WHEN September 5th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

August 22th Meeting

WHEN August 22nd 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

August 8th Meeting

WHEN August 8th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

July 25th Meeting

WHEN July 25th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

July 11th Meeting

WHEN July 11th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

June 27th Meeting

WHEN June 27th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

  • Baseline for next major LTS release (vjuranek

MINUTES summary and raw

June 13th Meeting

WHEN June 13th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

  • Selenium tests, switch to Cucumber/Capybara (vjuranek)
  • New home for wiki.jenkins-ci.org (Kohsuke Kawaguchi)
  • maven.jenkins-ci.org to repo.jenkins-ci.org switch voer (Kohsuke Kawaguchi)

May 30th Meeting

WHEN May 30th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

  • Moving Subversion repository to GitHub Kohsuke Kawaguchi
  • Improving JonJ and IRC bot stability - JonJ gets stuck very often recently, IRC bot also seems to get stuck when forking repo (vjuranek, unfortunately cannot attend but can offer some help) 
  • Plugin JonJ on DEV@ or BuildHive jieryn -

MINUTES summary and raw

May 2nd Meeting

WHEN May 2nd 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

Apr 14th Meeting

WHEN April 14th 04:00 UTC, which should be 13th Fri 9pm PDT, 13th Fri midnight EDT, 14th Sat 5am CEST, 14th Sat 1pm Tokyo.
This is a one off time different from the usual schedule

MINUTES summary and raw

Apr 4th Meeting

WHEN April 4th 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 8pm CEST, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

Mar 21st Meeting

WHEN March 21st 18:00 UTC, which should be 11am PDT, 2pm EDT, 7pm CET, 3am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

Mar 7th Meeting

WHEN March 7th 19:00 UTC, which should be 11am PST, 2pm EST, 8pm CET, 4am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

Feb 22nd Meeting

WHEN Feburary 22nd 19:00 UTC, which should be 11am PST, 2pm EST, 8pm CET, 4am Tokyo.

  • Recap last meeting's action items
  • Proposal: Move away from Drupal to a Git repository powered by Jekyll for the community site (R. Tyler Croy)
  • It's been a year, should we elect a new board, how/when/etc? (R. Tyler Croy)
  • JUC promotion ideas

MINUTES summary and raw

Feb 8th Meeting

WHEN Feburary 8th 19:00 UTC, which should be 11am PST, 2pm EST, 8pm CET, 4am Tokyo.

  • Recap last meeting's action items
  • Pull requests and inbound contributor funnel discussion

MINUTES summary and raw

Jan 25th Meeting

WHEN January 25th 19:00 UTC, which should be 11am PST, 2pm EST, 8pm CET, 4am Tokyo.

MINUTES summary and raw

Jan 11th Meeting

WHEN January 11th 19:00 UTC, which should be 11am PST, 2pm EST, 8pm CET, 4am Tokyo.

  • Recap last meeting's action items
  • Would it make sense to populate the Affects Version/s and Fix Version/s fields in the Jenkins JIRA (automatically)? (Might include talking about the long pending plan of separating core and plugins in JIRA) (Fred G)
  • Funding for give-aways in events (stickers and T-shirts)
  • Start collecting CLAs

MINUTES summary and raw

  • No labels