Plugin Information View Extra Tool Installers on the plugin site for more information. This plugin is up for adoption. Want to help improve this plugin? Click here to learn more!
View Extra Tool Installers on the plugin site for more information.
This plugin is up for adoption. Want to help improve this plugin? Click here to learn more!
Extra Tool Installers
Jenkins plugin. Provides additional tool installers.
Plugin provides following installers:
- Batch command installer for Windows.
- This is functionally similar to the core code BatchCommandInstaller, but this one performs variable substitution on the batch script before it is executed.
- Useful when you want your installation script to take node-specific variables into account.
- Install from a specified folder
- Setup without any actions (ex, "installation" from a shared directory)
- Useful when a tool is pre-installed on nodes matching a particular label expression
- Skip or fail installation
- Prints warnings during the installation and/or fails the installation
- Useful when a tool is not available on nodes matching a particular label expression
- Download (with basic authentication) and extract a zip/tar.gz
- This is functionally similar to the core code "Extract .zip/.tar.gz" installer, but this supports HTTP Basic Authentication for the download.
- Useful when you need to download from servers that do not permit anonymous downloads.
- Try any of ...
- Used to try (and possibly re-try) one or more nested installers until one succeeds.
- Useful when using e.g. Extract .zip/tar.gz installers that are downloading from URLs which cannot be relied upon.
Example of installers usage in the Custom Tools Plugin:
Example of using the "Try any of..." and "basic-auth" installers to try downloading a custom tool from either of two (unreliable) internal servers, retrying if necessary:
Version 0.5 (Feb 08, 2019)
- Added the "Download (with basic authentication) and extract .zip/.tar.gz" installer
- Added the "Try any of ..." installer
Version 0.4 (Dec 12, 2017)
- Update the core requirement to 1.651.3
- Cleanup the documentation and minor issues reported by FindBugs
Version 0.3 (01/19/2014)
- Added a home directory to the stub installer to avoid validation failures => warnings support (JENKINS-19527)
- Parameters substitution error check is optional (false by default)
- Renamed BatchCommandInstaller to avoid display name conflicts (JENKINS-21202)
Version 0.2 (08/16/2013)
- Stub installer: Print warning message or fail the build
- Support of variables substitution in the "Tool Home" and stub installer's "Message"
Version 0.1 (07/20/2013)
- Batch Command Installer
- Shared Directory Installer ("install from the specified folder")