This document is a work in progress, started as a result of this project meeting
To accompany our Board Election Process, I propose a systematic means of introducing candidates for the board preceding an election. This should ensure each candidate gets highlighted and appropriate introduced to the Jenkins user and contributor communities.
Per the Board Election Process:
There'll be a period of 3 weeks designated for the board to encourage the community to send in the nominations. The board will meet in private to come up with the list of candidates at the end
Following a list of candidates being nominated and compiled, each candidate would be expected to write a few paragraphs introducing themselves to Jenkins community members. Those introductions would be batched and published ahead of the "opening of voting" to ensure that each are published before voting is enabled for any candidate.
- Day 0: Call for nominations (3 weeks)
- Day 21: Nominations completed
- Day 24: Board contacts candidates asking for an introductory blog post (2 weeks)
- Day 38: Deadline for candidate introductions
- Day 40-47: Publishing candidate introductions (1 week)
- Day 54: Open of voting (2 weeks)
- Day 68: Completion of voting