View batch task on the plugin site for more information.
This plugin adds batch tasks that are not regularly executed to projects, such as releases, integration, archiving, etc. In this way, anyone in the project team can execute them in a way that leaves a record.
When you install this plugin, your project configuration page gets additional "batch tasks" option as illustrated below:
A batch task consists of a shell script and a name. When you execute a build, the shell script gets run on the workspace, just like a build. Batch tasks and builds "lock" the workspace, so when one of those activities is in progress, all the others will block in the queue.
Once a task is configured, the project top page gets "task(s)" link, as illustrated below:
If you click that, you can see the status of all the tasks. You can schedule the execution of a task from here, too. Task executions are numbered like "123-456" where 123 portion refers to the latest build and 456 portion refers to the sequential number (so that you can execute a task multiple times with the same build.) The build number portion is significant because when a batch task runs, it sees the workspace as of the result of this build.
The details of the task execution and its console output are available by further clicking a task of the interest, as below:
Version 1.19 (Jul. 1, 2016)
- Fix JENKINS-36184 - Batch task console is empty
Version 1.18 (Jun. 7, 2016)
Version 1.17 (Fev. 24, 2013)
- Fix reopened JENKINS-13647 - Environment variables from EnvInject plugin are not inherited/parsed by batch tasks
Version 1.16 (May 1, 2012)
- Fix JENKINS-13647 - Environment variables from EnvInject plugin are not inherited/parsed by batch tasks
Version 1.15 (Apr 5, 2012)
- Refactored internally to support hierarchical project
Version 1.14 (Nov 11, 2010) - requires Hudson 1.383+
- Fixed an AbstractMethodError when running with Hudson 1.383+ (issue #8033)
Version 1.13 (Feb 10, 2010)
- Use resizable text area for task script. (JENKINS-5578)
- Apply environment settings from setenv plugin when running tasks. (JENKINS-5580)
- Show links to downstream tasks on project page. (JENKINS-5582)
Version 1.12 (Feb 5, 2010)
- Lock workspace during task run to prevent owner project or other tasks from using the same workspace. (JENKINS-5285)
- Show animated ball icon for Tasks link in sidepanel when a task is running. (JENKINS-3372)
Version 1.11 (Jan 3, 2010)
Version 1.10 (Dec 7, 2009)
- A few minor bug fixes.
Version 1.9 (Nov 5, 2009)
- Add "trigger even if build is unstable" selector for invoking tasks as a post-build action. Previously the tasks were always invoked (even for failed builds); now they will only run if the build result meets the required threshold (and never for failed builds).
- Fix build number written to job log when task is invoked as a post-build action (was off by one)
- Fix broken image for aborted task (grey ball)
- On task page, show only builds for this task in Build History (instead of all tasks)
- Avoid error if try to run a task when there are no builds for the project
Version 1.8 (Aug 28, 2009)
- Improved the error diagnosis and recovery when a build no longer has a workspace (report) – requires Hudson 1.319 or higher.
Version 1.7 (Mar 31, 2009)
- Allow non-admin users ability to manage and execute tasks (JENKINS-1198)
Version 1.6 (Feb 27, 2009)
- Updated to work with recent versions of Hudson (JENKINS-3173)
Version 1.5 (Jan 27, 2009)
- Fixed a bug "batchtask in queue causes NPE at startup" (JENKINS-2925)
Version 1.3 (Jan 29, 2008)
- Updated to work with the latest version of Hudson, so that it won't cause
- Last successful/failed builds were computed incorrectly (JENKINS-1012)
- Icon size in task list is now configurable (JENKINS-1010)
Version 1.2 (Nov 16, 2007)
- Task can be now individually deleted from the left menu
- Build number should start from 1 (JENKINS-991)
- Tasks now work on Windows (JENKINS-985)
- Build icon in task list is not larger than the other icons (JENKINS-1010)
Version 1.0 (Oct 18, 2007)
- initial version