APIs for using Docker from other plugins.
View Docker Commons on the plugin site for more information.
Older versions of this plugin may not be safe to use. Please review the following warnings before using an older version:
- Version history
- Version 1.15 (May 13, 2019)
- Version 1.14 (April 2, 2019)
- Version 1.13 (May 18, 2018)
- Version 1.12 (May 11, 2018)
- Version 1.11 (Jan 04, 2018)
- Version 1.10 (Dec 11, 2017)
- Version 1.9 (Oct 10, 2017)
- Version 1.8 (Jul 10, 2017)
- Version 1.7 (Jun 16, 2017)
- Version 1.6 (Jan 11, 2017)
- Version 1.5 (Oct 05, 2016)
- Version 1.4.1 (Sep 08, 2016)
- Version 1.4.0 (Jun 17, 2016)
- Version 1.3.1 (Feb 19, 2016)
- Version 1.3 (Feb 08, 2016)
- Version 1.2 (Jul 29 2015)
- Version 1.1 (Jul 07 2015)
- Version 1.0 (May 22 2015)
Plugin provides the following features:
- API for managing Docker image and container fingerprints
- Credentials and location of Docker Registry
- Credentials and location of Docker Daemon (aka Docker Remote API)
- ToolInstallation for Docker CLI clients
- DockerImageExtractor extension point to get Docker image relations from jobs
- Simple UI referring related image fingerprints in Docker builds
Credentials and locations
This allows users to configure one set of endpoint/credentials and use it across all the Docker
related plugins, thereby keeping configuration more DRY.
See Docker Pipeline Plugin for the typical usage.
Version 1.15 (May 13, 2019)
- JENKINS-57439 - Add Declarative Credentials handler for Docker Resolved - Add support of Docker credentials specification in Declarative Pipeline
- JENKINS-52724 - Building an image with a custom registry overwrites environment variables Resolved , JENKINS-52737 - Using a docker agent from a private registry does pass the proxy configuration to the docker container Closed - Inherit properties from the local Docker config.json if it exists
- JENKINS-57420 - Use the new multiline secret field in docker-commons Resolved - Use a new way to specify multi-line secrets in the plugin
Version 1.14 (April 2, 2019)
- Improve help text formatting (PR 73)
- Developer: Add new API for getting Docker-related credentials for JENKINS-48437 - Docker Pipeline Plugin withRegistry and Authorize Plugin fails to get credentialsId Resolved
Version 1.13 (May 18, 2018)
- API for JENKINS-51397 - docker login being called without server-related environment variables Resolved
Version 1.12 (May 11, 2018)
- JENKINS-38018 - withDockerRegistry fails to authenticate with DockerHub Resolved (and allied issues)
- JENKINS-41880 - ConcurrentModificationException while creating docker image fingerprints Resolved
- JENKINS-49075 - docker-commons-plugin not working with PCT Resolved implies a newer Jenkins core dependency
Version 1.11 (Jan 04, 2018)
- JENKINS-48674 - Automated installation of docker fail for recent version of docker (> 17.05.0-ce) Resolved Failure to download newer Docker releases from the automatic tool installer.
Version 1.10 (Dec 11, 2017)
- JENKINS-48453 - java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException when materializing ServerKey Resolved Regression in Jenkins 2.93+ when using server credentials.
Version 1.9 (Oct 10, 2017)
Version 1.8 (Jul 10, 2017)
Version 1.7 (Jun 16, 2017)
- Always include port in image name.
- Add credentials binding implementation for Docker server credentials.
Version 1.6 (Jan 11, 2017)
- JENKINS-39181 Fix Invalid fully qualified image name when registry URL is specified
Version 1.5 (Oct 05, 2016)
- JENKINS-38018 API for more informative logging about use of registry credentials.
Version 1.4.1 (Sep 08, 2016)
- JENKINS-36082 JENKINS-32790 The Docker tool installer (used for example by
withToolin the Docker Pipeline Plugin) was broken.
Version 1.4.0 (Jun 17, 2016)
- Migration to the new parent POM (JENKINS-35018)
- Jenkins core dependency has been updated to 1.580.x
Version 1.3.1 (Feb 19, 2016)
- Polishing the fix of JENKINS-28776
Version 1.3 (Feb 08, 2016)
- Support the "sha256:" prefix in image ID, required for Docker 1.10 (JENKINS-32792)
- Replace build action icon stubs by Docker icons (JENKINS-28776)
Version 1.2 (Jul 29 2015)
- NPE when using credentials together with docker 1.7 (JENKINS-29627)
- Support creation of named fingerprints in the API (JENKINS-29098)
Version 1.1 (Jul 07 2015)
- Cleanup of FindBugs issues, update of the CI system
- Fix the issue with the Docker Tool selector (PR #40)
- Support Docker 1.7+ .docker/config.json (PR #38)
Version 1.0 (May 22 2015)
- First stable release
- There were may alpha releases before this release, see commit histories in GitHub